Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2009 7:55:12 AM EDT
I get these 'free' NRA videos in the mail. I never order these and the mail says to either pay or return. Im pretty sure im not obligated to do either. I just give it away or trash them.
Then I get invoices to pay or return. Can they take this to collections which will hurt my credit score?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 7:58:06 AM EDT
[#1]
The NAHC send me a book that they wanted me to pay for in order to keep it. I never paid for it and never sent it back. Nothing ever came of it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:32:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I get these 'free' NRA videos in the mail. I never order these and the mail says to either pay or return. Im pretty sure im not obligated to do either. I just give it away or trash them.
Then I get invoices to pay or return. Can they take this to collections which will hurt my credit score?

No! If it comes unsolicited it is yours.
The premise of this is the request for funds for the DVD is a contribution. They will not turn you in for non-payment and can't do so.
If it concerns you, when you get a DVD, mark it return to sender and refuse and give it back to the post office.
I suspect after that, you will stop getting them.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Great. Ill just start collecting them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top