Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2009 4:27:00 AM EDT
Going to store within the hour, I have a brand new fulton armory unfinished carbine stock and I need to finish it. I want a WW2 finish on it, what will do this BLO or tru tung oil. I need the quickest and easiest one, but one htat is looking good.... I have seen guys use wlanut stain then blo on it. Will BLO work just fine or do I need to use stain then BLO or tru rung oil......??????????????????????????
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 4:28:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Run around in circles because you have no idea before you started.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 4:33:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Run around in circles because you have no idea before you started.

I have for a week now as I keep seeing different things on stock finish..........
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 4:48:03 AM EDT
[#3]
tung oil. BLO will work.

You may need some japan dryer.

Stain if you want the wood darker.

I'll wax with Butches bowling alley paste wax a few weeks after applying several coats of blo.

FA on stock refinish
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 5:02:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
tung oil. BLO will work.

You may need some japan dryer.

Stain if you want the wood darker.

I'll wax with Butches bowling alley paste wax a few weeks after applying several coats of blo.

FA on stock refinish

Thanks thats what I was leaning towrds is the BLO........
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:36:31 AM EDT
[#5]
From the CMP website:
Stock care and refinishing

I have had good results using their methods on all my milsurps
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 4:34:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys, I went with BLO and it is giving the appearance I am wanting. This is the first time to ever finish a stock as I always just buy em done already. Only one coat on and waiting for it to dry overnight if it indeed will dry. But so far very happy with the way it looks..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top