Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2001 11:10:58 PM EDT
The bad news just keeps coming for Smith & Wesson. It seems their guns don't even work now. A complaint from the state police puts a new contract in jeopardy. News at the "red box" icon at:
National CCW Reciprocity
http://www.NationalCCW.com
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 11:18:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Remember boycott until bankruptcy!
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 1:09:06 AM EDT
[#2]
They should have used Walther P99 in the first place.  It even comes in military green.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 1:44:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one in .40 (p99/OD)... I luv it. Only S&W can take a perfectly good weapon, add their logo, and fuck it up... geez, I hope they rot in hell.

...but I'm not bitter
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 2:07:25 AM EDT
[#4]
A very timely revelation since some other departments were looking at the SW99. Now the officers can point to this report and go directly to the Walther. Can I buy stock in Walther?
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 2:23:33 AM EDT
[#5]
they should have bought glocks in the first place and there would have been no problems.

earlybirdnj
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 2:31:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Screw S&W, but on the flip side, NJ State Police deserves that for choosing a duty gun based on politics.

I mean, these guns are meant to protect the lives of their troopers and the civilians they are tasked to serve.  So what do they do???  They go out and pick a S&W, because it is the "politically correct" BS thing to do.

I don't know the whole story with the P7 and the trooper who lost his life, but IMHO, the P7 is one of the finest combat handguns available.  I've heard that there were other problems with their P7s, but I have a difficult time swallowing those claims.  I think an accident happened (it shouldn't have) and the department used it as an opportunity to get rid of a batch of 20 year old guns, and get a good deal on SW99 due to the financial difficulties of the company.

They used the P7 for 20 odd years, and all the sudden they aren't good enough???  I call Bullshit!  The suits saw an opportunity with that Trooper's death, and like vultures, they ate it up.  So fuck them too for risking lives to get a bargin on non-selling SW99s.  They  created this pool of shit, now it's time for them to swim in it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top