Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 6:50:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Good. Let's hope this wakes them up and the people are really angry about what's happening to their Country.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 6:53:25 AM EDT
[#2]
'“I have no problem with someone disagreeing with positions I hold,” Bishop said, noting that, for the time being, he was using other platforms to communicate with his constituents. “But I also believe no one is served if you can’t talk through differences.”

It doesnt seem like he gets why he is in Congress, or the Oath he took!!!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 6:54:54 AM EDT
[#3]
This needs to continue.

And when they stop having the meetings, people need to show up at their offices.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 6:55:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I attended the Richmond Tea Party fundraiser last night.  There is one sector of the economy that is rage-filled and rage-fueled right now:  Small Business.  It's gonna  get ugly....
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 6:55:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 6:59:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:00:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You can't expect people to have their wealth stolen from them and not become upset––even (maybe especially) if it is done via "legal" means.  

Nothing that can't be solved by "talking through our differences."

They expect you to do it with freelance robbers who aren't associated with the federal government, why wouldn't they expect you to do it with them as well?

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:01:36 AM EDT
[#8]
"There is no point in meeting with my constituents and [to] listen to them..." - Rep. Tim Bishop (D. - NY).

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:02:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:02:40 AM EDT
[#10]
“There is no point in meeting with my constituents and [to] listen to them and have them listen to you if what is basically an unruly mob prevents you from having an intelligent conversation.”

hmm.... maybe your doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:03:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

"There is no point in meeting with my constituents and [to] listen to them..." - Rep. Tim Bishop (D. - NY).

Why a cock sucking geril tamer.

Fuck Tim Bishop and the horse he rode in on.

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:13:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Vote them out......

The founding fathers did not put term limits on congress and the senate because they believed the people (you and me) would be smart enough to vote out the dummies.

Next election vote out the dummies and the career politicians.

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:17:21 AM EDT
[#13]
“I have no problem with someone disagreeing with positions I hold,” Bishop said, noting that, for the time being, he was using other platforms to communicate with his constituents. “But I also believe no one is served if you can’t talk through differences.”

I think he mean 'talking over [their] differences' as he is going to vote his own way regardless of what his constituents want.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:21:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Good.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:28:46 AM EDT
[#15]
They need their mouths stitched shut and their earholes enlarged.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:30:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Let them eat cake."  

I hope this comes back to hurt him come election time, but unfortunately people often have short memories.

TIM BISHOP PROTEST, SETAUKET, NY (part one)
TIM BISHOP PROTEST, SETAUKET, NY (part two)
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:33:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Americans need to let the hate flow!
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:33:26 AM EDT
[#18]
The thieves have meetings with their victims, and are shocked that their victims are getting fed up and angry about what is being done to them???  

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:34:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Vote them out......

The founding fathers did not put term limits on congress and the senate because they believed the people (you and me) would be smart enough to vote out the dummies.

The problem is the 1 person 1 vote system.  This is not fair.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:36:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:37:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Cowards
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:39:26 AM EDT
[#22]
If they think things are bad now...

This is just the sound of the storm. The rising wind, the splatter of the rain.

Wait until the thunder starts.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:41:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Tar

Feathers
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:42:15 AM EDT
[#24]
“There is no point in meeting with my constituents and [to] listen to them and have them listen to you if what is basically an unruly mob prevents you from having an intelligent conversation.”

Similarly to when someone breaks in my home with the intent of stealing away my possessions, rational conversation is not possible. Why should I listen to someone who's intent is the theft of my property? How does one negotiate with someone with that mindset? You can't, if you value what is yours, and I won't because somethings require someone to stand tall.

The fact is you can't. I'm starting to get a warm fuzzy feeling that these elected officials are going to find themselves in a bad spot.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:43:43 AM EDT
[#25]
“I had felt they would be pointless,” Rep. Tim Bishop (D-N.Y.) told POLITICO, referring to his recent decision to temporarily suspend the events in his Long Island district. “There is no point in meeting with my constituents and [to] listen to them and have them listen to you if what is basically an unruly mob prevents you from having an intelligent conversation.

That's because you're not representing your constituents YOU ASS GASKET.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:44:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Fucking awesome.

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:45:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:49:36 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Same here. Our national level representatives are simply pawns of the Democratic party machine. Many of our state level reps are open to reason though!

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:54:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Can ye' smell it?    
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:57:36 AM EDT
[#30]
What a disrespectful government thug. I loved when the vet ripped into him. In this second part of that video the guy was talking about 2nd amendment rights and Bishop was doing a huge two step. These people have the right to be pissed, hes lucky he didn't get lynched.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:57:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Vote them out......

The problem is the 51% of Americans that vote them in hoping for some kind of hand out!!

ETA

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over lousy fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average of the world’s great civilizations before they decline has been 200 years. These nations have progressed in this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; from faith to great courage; from courage to liberty; from liberty to abundance; from abundance to selfishness; from selfishness to Complacency; from complacency to apathy; from apathy to dependency; from dependency back again to bondage."
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:59:03 AM EDT
[#32]
“I think in general what is going on is we are tackling issues that have been ignored for a long time, and I think that is disruptive to a lot of people,” said Bishop, a four-term congressman. “We are trying, one by one, to deal with a set of issues that can’t be ignored, and I think that’s unsettling to a lot of people.”

You still don't get it you?  Say addios in 2010 motherfucker!  Is that clear enough?
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:01:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It's amazing how cloistered and out of touch with reality these numbnut's are.

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:05:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:07:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Vote them out......

ACORN.

Still think voting them out will work?
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:11:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vote them out......

ACORN.

Indeed. If voting (middle box) worked, would we be in this mess?
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:16:33 AM EDT
[#37]
And here's the reason they hate the Second Amendment.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:19:53 AM EDT
[#38]
There have been a lot of reports by anti-tax/anti healthcare reform protestors of Acorn types intentionally trying to intimidate and provoke them.

And there have been incidents all over the Country where Democratic Congress Critters have forted up or run to avoid anti-tax/anti healthcare reform protestors.

It is going to be a ugly August for a lot of Democrats when they get home, they are going to get blasted.

My Uncle the life long rabid Democrat was over this morning you should have heard him. “That SOB (Obama) lied about everything, he didn’t tell the truth on anything. I wish I could have my vote back.” I told him “well I warned you.”
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:21:08 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I attended the Richmond Tea Party fundraiser last night.  There is one sector of the economy that is rage-filled and rage-fueled right now:  Small Business.  It's gonna  get ugly....

Yes, Small Business is very angry.  Very, very angry.

Very

Angry

Indeed.

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:21:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:22:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:26:54 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm thinking of setting up a website where dumb democrats can buy their vote back for $1.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:29:24 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Tar

Feathers

Rope

Tree

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:30:32 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tar

Feathers

Rope

Tree

Profit!

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:32:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tar

Feathers

Rope

Tree

Profit!

Tax It!!!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:33:21 AM EDT
[#46]

dammitdoubletap
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:34:13 AM EDT
[#47]
After watching the video I have a new found respect for Yankees. CoC violation for what I would have told Bishop.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:39:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vote them out......

ACORN.

Indeed. If voting (middle box) worked, would we be in this mess?

30,000 ACORN registration in MN. Dem Sec State, who was helped into office by the Soros backed Secretary of State project, not only couldn't find any hint of wrong doing... but thought the election of Al Franken went pretty well on top of it. This, despite ACORN being investigated for voter fraud in 17 other States, there being more people voting in some precincts than they had registered voters to vote there, upwards of 18 new registrants all at the SAME address, etc...

And that's just ONE race in ONE State.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:40:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Good. maybe these political asshats will  be replaced in the next election.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:49:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Let them eat cake."  

Let them eat Poundcake
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top