Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/30/2009 2:42:01 PM EDT
What I thought was odd was the woman who called 911 in the Professor Gates case going on tv whimpering away that she isn't a racist. I find it odd, because she is probably a dyed in wool, hard core liberal. The type who had to be resuscitated when they saw Obama in person. If even THESE people have to go on tv and adamantly declare that they aren't 88's, what chance do the rest of us have?

When I was in Junior High, I used to watch a show called "I'll Fly Away" that was on NBC. It depicted what life was like for black Americans in the 60's. Black Americans constantly being assaulted and descriminated against at every corner, jobs denied because of skin color, not being able to eat at certain restaurants, the whole 9 yards. I believed it was true, and I believed what the media said about it still being that bad....

...until I went to college. I saw a black student go on a rampage and destroy a dorm lobby because he had a job on campus, and his check was late. He was sure it was because he was black. However, I had a job with the school, and my check was late also. EVERYONE'S check was late. Instead of looking around, he went straight to the nuclear option. Nothing happened to him. A black guy beat the crap out his white girlfriend, sending her to the hospital. He naturally claimed him going to jail was all a racial matter. I took an American Lit class, and my professor was an uber liberal white feminist. On day 1 she told us of her disdain for the "privileged class", which would be students who were white males, namely athletes. 3 strikes, and I'm out. After class I went and dropped the class. The bottom line is after 4 years, my experiences didn't match what I had been spoon fed. Even what I was being told by liberal professors and classmates didn't match up to what I was seeing.

The end result is that my instinct is to now treat every accusation of racism as though its false. If white college students today, who are probably Obama's largest voting block have the same experiences that I had in college-that they are natural born racists, they're probably going to backlash even harder, because no matter how hard they tried, they couldn't please the Sharpton's and Wright's and Obama's of America.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 2:55:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 3:05:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I forgot to add parts about Hi-Point brandishing ACORN members and the South rising again to eliminate beans from chili.  Good enough?

The bottom line is that Obama is likely going to be responsible for the death of white guilt amongst this younger generation.  When a black man claims he's oppressed in a city with a black mayor, a state with a black governor, and a country with a black president, white people are going to stop and think.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 3:05:40 PM EDT
[#3]
My experiences mesh with yours. I do a lot of work in areas that would be considered "the ghetto". Many of my buddies are corrections officers, cops, or surveyors like me, and have had similar experiences. My opinions on a particular race are formed by what I have seen and how I was treated in those areas, as well as their experiences.

The knee jerk accusations of racism, and being held down by the "man" are quite simply rediculous. Aside to say many of us are getting sick of the double standard, I won't elaborate further as I really like being on this site.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 3:09:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The knee jerk accusations of racism, and being held down by the "man" are quite simply ridiculous. Aside to say many of us are getting sick of the double standard, I won't elaborate further as I really like being on this site.

Link Posted: 7/30/2009 3:09:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

My experiences mesh with yours. I do a lot of work in areas that would be considered "the ghetto". Many of my buddies are corrections officers, cops, or surveyors like me, and have had similar experiences.

Yeah, I've been a cop for about 7.5 years, over 6 of which has been in an area that 75 percent black.  A lot of non-cop friends and family members think I'm embellishing or probably flat out lying when I talk about some of things I've seen in the area of race relations, but every word of it is true.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
IThe bottom line is that Obama is likely going to be responsible for the death of white guilt amongst this younger generation.

No, people who constantly throw out the race card, even where racism doesn't exist, will be the death of white liberal guilt.

It's called "crying wolf"

Link Posted: 7/30/2009 3:23:13 PM EDT
[#7]
agilling, your college experience reminded me of this American Thinker thing.  My sister is working to get her masters right now and she is in a class with a lot of minorities.  She tells me that they labeled her a racist because she was a middle class white girl.  If they would even talk to my sister they would see that she is the nicest most caring person, no matter the color or creed.

Link to thing you made me think of

Link Posted: 7/30/2009 3:27:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

agilling, your college experience reminded me of this American Thinker thing. My sister is working to get her masters right now and she is in a class with a lot of minorities. She tells me that they labeled her a racist because she was a middle class white girl. If they would even talk to my sister they would see that she is the nicest most caring person, no matter the color or creed.

Thing is, if she tells her white friends/family back home, most of them will probably think she's embellishing it, or accidently said something bad to set the classmates off.  But, no, it really is that simple.  I remember going on a call once, and after I knocked on the door, I heard someone inside cussing andthrowing a fit because they sent a white cop.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 3:36:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IThe bottom line is that Obama is likely going to be responsible for the death of white guilt amongst this younger generation.

No, people who constantly throw out the race card, even where racism doesn't exist, will be the death of white liberal guilt.

It's called "crying wolf"

Right. And that would be what the current administration is doing.

Link Posted: 7/30/2009 3:46:28 PM EDT
[#10]
When I was in Junior High, I used to watch a show called "I'll Fly Away" that was on NBC. It depicted what life was like for black Americans in the 60's. Black Americans constantly being assaulted and descriminated against at every corner, jobs denied because of skin color, not being able to eat at certain restaurants, the whole 9 yards. I believed it was true, and I believed what the media said about it still being that bad....

...until I went to college.

So, that whole Jim Crow thing was all bullshit?
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 3:49:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I think this is the part the OP was talking about.  Your legs must be tired from jumping to conclusions.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 3:51:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think this is the part the OP was talking about.  Your legs must be tired from jumping to conclusions.

He believed it was true until he went to college. What's so hard to understand? Reading comprehension much? If you think a switch was thrown and that sort of thinking went away overnight, I have a bridge to sell you.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
agilling, your college experience reminded me of this American Thinker thing. My sister is working to get her masters right now and she is in a class with a lot of minorities. She tells me that they labeled her a racist because she was a middle class white girl. If they would even talk to my sister they would see that she is the nicest most caring person, no matter the color or creed.

Thing is, if she tells her white friends/family back home, most of them will probably think she's embellishing it, or accidently said something bad to set the classmates off.  But, no, it really is that simple.  I remember going on a call once, and after I knocked on the door, I heard someone inside cussing andthrowing a fit because they sent a white cop.

"well what did you do to make them think that?"

I think there is a script of responses and claims. Its sickening how things have gotten.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Fuck Obama... and fuck white guilt
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Perhaps the part about "it still being that bad".

Link Posted: 7/30/2009 4:04:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are still tons of racist assholes. I know quite a few myself.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 4:06:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Racism is a business just like global warming.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 4:10:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Most of my black friends would laugh Gates right out of the room. They rarely even talk about race because they don't see it an issue. They treat people the way they expect to be treated and ignore the occasional ignorant fool. It's about looking forward, not backward.

But I know plenty more that are entitlement grubbing victims of the white man.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 4:14:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If it went away, Al  and Jesse would be out of a job.

Racism is in their best interests.

Link Posted: 7/30/2009 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There certainly are.  I guess I have to elaborate.  I still believed then that racism against blacks was still as institutionalized as it was in the 60's.  In my experience, the complete opposite is true.  The sad/ironic thing is that the people who claim to anti-racist are actually the most racist of all, because they seem to EXPECT bad behavior and poor performances from black students.  As I said, I found out in college, that there is a protected class in America, and some people seem to be doing their best to insulate them from the consequences of failure.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 4:17:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That reminds me of a story my boss told me. Just some background first, though. Hes Hispanic, a veteran (green beret) of Vietnam and retired cop of over 20 yrs. He also holds a BA in Chemistry.

In 1970's Santa Ana (Orange County, CA) it was mostly white, now its mostly hispanic, but anyway, he worked the city and he once got a call about a suspicious Mexican walking on the sidewalk (back then any non white person in this city was viewed as suspicious). He gets to the house that made the call, the man (white) opens the door and then my boss asks him for a description of the suspicious person and what direction he went in, the man says "I want a white Cop" and slams the door in his face.

Hes not a race card player or white hater. He just tells it like it was back then for him.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 4:18:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are they angry black men like Gates?

Seriously, white racists are as rare as the Jedi. I do know a lot of folks that are wary of minorities in educated positions due to the watering down of affirmative action. Is that black doctor really in that position because he is smart, or did they need 10 blacks to make the quota? In many professions if you get a white guy you know that if his father isn't a senator he is really, really motivate/smart/gifted. Due to tampering with the system you can't assume as much with minorities. It actually saddens me. Unintended consequences I guess.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it went away, Al  and Jesse would be out of a job.

Racism is in their best interests.

Declaring racism dead would be like legalizing all recreational drug use. Entire structures of public works would collapse.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 4:27:09 PM EDT
[#24]
I am not a racist, but rather a piece of shit hater.  There are pieces of shit that belong to every race under the sun, and those are the pieces of shit that I hate.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 4:30:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously, white racists are as rare as the Jedi. I do know a lot of folks that are wary of minorities in educated positions due to the watering down of affirmative action. Is that black doctor really in that position because he is smart, or did they need 10 blacks to make the quota? In many professions if you get a white Asian guy you know that if his father isn't a senator he is really, really motivate/smart/gifted. Due to tampering with the system you can't assume as much with minorities. It actually saddens me. Unintended consequences I guess.

Fixed.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#26]
My first college experience was in Detroit and I can tell you I felt much the same as the OP.   I was the minority but also called an oppressor
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 4:33:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 4:34:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:
My experiences mesh with yours. I do a lot of work in areas that would be considered "the ghetto". Many of my buddies are corrections officers, cops, or surveyors like me, and have had similar experiences.

Yeah, I've been a cop for about 7.5 years, over 6 of which has been in an area that 75 percent black.  A lot of non-cop friends and family members think I'm embellishing or probably flat out lying when I talk about some of things I've seen in the area of race relations, but every word of it is true.

Yup
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

The problem is that 90% of black americans under 40 believe that. And they'll be the ones to feel justified, and most energetic, in full riot mode. And since cultural guilt seems to be a uniquely white phenomenon, I fully expect them to assert themselves - along with any other cultures in a position to do so.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 5:54:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Sort of.  My dad went to school grades 1 thru 12 with black kids in Minneapolis in the 1930s and 1940s.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 6:14:44 PM EDT
[#31]
The race industry is unsustainable. Eventually they are going to run out of excuses and things to blame, and even the dumbest liberal is going to start wondering if we really are equal. Liberals have to artificially force the races to be equal, when they aren't and it can't go on much longer because it's built on a house of cards. I'm not saying that black people are inferior to white people. They just swing to a different genetic tune and it's unfair/unsustainable to try and hold them to the European way of doing things that white people evolved in to. We need to recognize that races are genetically different and figure out a way to make things work based on how everyone likes to do things. To be honest I don't think multi-racial societies are workable because people are genetically tuned to certain behavioral traits which can't all fit in to one cultural framework.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 6:15:09 PM EDT
[#32]
"88s?"  Probably not.  Maybe the light will come on for a few of them, but probably not most.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 7/30/2009 8:17:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What I thought was odd was the woman who called 911 in the Professor Gates case going on tv whimpering away that she isn't a racist. I find it odd, because she is probably a dyed in wool, hard core liberal. The type who had to be resuscitated when they saw Obama in person. If even THESE people have to go on tv and adamantly declare that they aren't 88's, what chance do the rest of us have?

...until I went to college. I saw a black student go on a rampage and destroy a dorm lobby because he had a job on campus, and his check was late. He was sure it was because he was black. However, I had a job with the school, and my check was late also. EVERYONE'S check was late. Instead of looking around, he went straight to the nuclear option. Nothing happened to him. A black guy beat the crap out his white girlfriend, sending her to the hospital. He naturally claimed him going to jail was all a racial matter. I took an American Lit class, and my professor was an uber liberal white feminist. On day 1 she told us of her disdain for the "privileged class", which would be students who were white males, namely athletes. 3 strikes, and I'm out. After class I went and dropped the class. The bottom line is after 4 years, my experiences didn't match what I had been spoon fed. Even what I was being told by liberal professors and classmates didn't match up to what I was seeing.

The end result is that my instinct is to now treat every accusation of racism as though its false. If white college students today, who are probably Obama's largest voting block have the same experiences that I had in college-that they are natural born racists, they're probably going to backlash even harder, because no matter how hard they tried, they couldn't please the Sharpton's and Wright's and Obama's of America.

I sort of had the reverse experience.  I actually grew up in a pretty non-racist place and thought most everywhere else was the same way.  My first job out of college was as an engineer at a consulting firm and my boss commonly used "the N word" and didn't have much nice to say about women.  Eventually, the, very nice, hard working black woman that worked for us, sued.  Her husband worked for our only client in the area.  (we were a branch office)  He got his degree thru a football scholarship and was a Navy vet.  There really are racists out there.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 8:26:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sort of had the reverse experience.  I actually grew up in a pretty non-racist place and thought most everywhere else was the same way.  My first job out of college was as an engineer at a consulting firm and my boss commonly used "the N word" and didn't have much nice to say about women.  Eventually, the, very nice, hard working black woman that worked for us, sued.  Her husband worked for our only client in the area.  (we were a branch office)  He got his degree thru a football scholarship and was a Navy vet.  There really are racists out there.

And most of them are not white.

And I'm fucking sick of it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 8:26:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously, white racists are as rare as the Jedi. I do know a lot of folks that are wary of minorities in educated positions due to the watering down of affirmative action. Is that black doctor really in that position because he is smart, or did they need 10 blacks to make the quota? In many professions if you get a white guy you know that if his father isn't a senator he is really, really motivate/smart/gifted. Due to tampering with the system you can't assume as much with minorities. It actually saddens me. Unintended consequences I guess.

Rare, huh?

Read the OP:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=906746

My brother was half black and we grew up in Detroit, we got it from both sides.

I hate all racists, regardless of their skin color.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 8:27:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sort of.  My dad went to school grades 1 thru 12 with black kids in Minneapolis in the 1930s and 1940s.  

The jim crow laws were in the south.    If you get out a map of the US, you will fine Minneapolis in the north.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 8:28:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit!

I had to tell every member of my wife's family to not use the word "nigger" around me or my kids. We're talking thirty plus people here and their friends.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 8:30:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The jim crow laws were in the south.    If you get out a map of the US, you will fine Minneapolis in the north.

There was also plenty of that shit in the north as well.

Link Posted: 7/30/2009 9:17:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit!

I had to tell every member of my wife's family to not use the word "nigger" around me or my kids. We're talking thirty plus people here and their friends.

My ex-wife's cousin was married to a black guy and they had two kids together. Some people in the family would call him "nigger," but he just shrugged it off. They treated the kids differently too, of course. Though they never called them names. When it came time for Christmas, the white kids got gifts from the aunts/uncles/grandparents, the mixed kids didn't get anything except what their parents gave them.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 10:26:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit!

My ex-wife's cousin was married to a black guy and they had two kids together. Some people in the family would call him "nigger," but he just shrugged it off. They treated the kids differently too, of course. Though they never called them names. When it came time for Christmas, the white kids got gifts from the aunts/uncles/grandparents, the mixed kids didn't get anything except what their parents gave them.

You're just imagining it, Jeeper. There are no white racists now!
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 12:33:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

That reminds me of a story my boss told me. Just some background first, though. Hes Hispanic, a veteran (green beret) of Vietnam and retired cop of over 20 yrs. He also holds a BA in Chemistry.

In 1970's Santa Ana (Orange County, CA) it was mostly white, now its mostly hispanic, but anyway, he worked the city and he once got a call about a suspicious Mexican walking on the sidewalk (back then any non white person in this city was viewed as suspicious). He gets to the house that made the call, the man (white) opens the door and then my boss asks him for a description of the suspicious person and what direction he went in, the man says "I want a white Cop" and slams the door in his face.

Hes not a race card player or white hater. He just tells it like it was back then for him.

That is weird. I grew up in Orange County California, was there since the 70's and Santa Ana was always heavily hispanic, has been since the 40's from what I was taught in my California History class at CSUF. But different people have different life experiences. I do remember that OC was like 80-90% white and it was not until college that I had any classes with black students.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 12:40:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit!

You hang out with some obnoxious people, maybe you should choose others to spend your time with.

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 12:48:03 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I forgot to add parts about Hi-Point brandishing ACORN members and the South rising again to eliminate beans from chili.  Good enough?

The bottom line is that Obama is likely going to be responsible for the death of white guilt amongst this younger generation.  When a black man claims he's oppressed in a city with a black mayor, a state with a black governor, and a country with a black president, white people are going to stop and think.

I really hope so!

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 12:51:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit!

You hang out with some obnoxious people, maybe you should choose others to spend your time with.

You don't choose your family.

I grew up in Orange County California, was there since the 70's and Santa Ana was always heavily hispanic, has been since the 40's from what I was taught in my California History class at CSUF.

Of course your history class trumps what a guy who was there and hispanic says....
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 12:52:29 AM EDT
[#46]
I wish someone would call me a racist and then give me a 10 second sound bite on national news for rebuttal.  I would make their ears bleed.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 12:54:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I wish someone would call me a racist and then give me a 10 second sound bite on national news for rebuttal.  I would make their ears bleed.

Racist bastage!

{Inserting cotton into ears and putting on ear muffs}
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 1:22:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit!

Well aren't you full of convenient anecdotes for this thread.

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 1:44:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit!

Well aren't you full of convenient anecdotes for this thread.

What's your point? Calling me a liar?

We're in the same state. Would you like to come over and meet these people? And then apologise afterwards? They will all be at my son's birthday party on August 15th. My brother will be there for the first time in years and I'm going to have to warn them once more or they will be ejected from my home. He's half black, btw.

Put up or shut up.

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 1:56:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Hey Tomislav, send me an Im and I'll send you the address. You can come over and tell me and my family we're full of shit. I'm not far from the pit in Lapeer. I'm sure we'd all like to benefit from your knowledge on race relations.

I am not kidding.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top