Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2002 7:17:35 AM EDT
A person I know when to a gun show last weekend and was told that there was a ban on imported ammo, like the Wolf 7.62X39 stuff.  I have noticed that the price for a case of this stuff has gone up about $40 per case recently, but is it just price gouging, or is it a ban thing?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:22:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think so.  Prices on 7.62 have recently come down since 911.  At least that is what I have noticed.

I believe all imported ammo needs to be approved and that is taking longer.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:22:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Havent heard of anything, except for maybe the Chinese steel core stuff in 7.62x39mm - but that was a few years back when that took effect.

Sounds like the typical gun show vendor story justifying his markup.

Was it this guy? (excerpt from "The Guide to Gunshows") [:)]

The Beanie Baby/Ammo guy :
He is selling ammo and beanie babies. Well actually his wife and kid are selling the beanie babies. Cavim .308 for $200 a case and Pooch the Snoot (or WTF ever) beanie baby for $25 bucks. Nevermind the fact that he bought the Cavim from the guy across the aisle who still has quite a bit left selling for $149 a case. He opens up boxes of IMI SS109 from Cole and puts a few on stripper clips and sells it to The Wannabe for $60 a clip. If you happen to be so bold as to inquire why in hell he would try to sell ammo right across the aisle from the same ammo priced $50 less a case, he just looks real confused at you and says I got two cases, you interested in a Beanie Baby today ?

Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:34:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Orion, www.sportsmansguide.com  has7.62x39hollowpoints for $69.97 per 1000. Item#AX2A1-59358
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 8:24:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Capitolist, [shock]

That's a GOOD price!!  I don't currently need any, but I know where to go now, when I do!  My best amount I paid for a case was $80.  I guess the gun show people are marking up prices and telling stories to get more money.  

To be honest, I rarely see any 'good deals' at gun shows anymore.  I used to go to every show.  Not any more.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top