Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2009 12:08:36 AM EDT
As a kid..watching this every day after coming home from school, the movie already looks like a typical Hollywood overdone, poor story line movie where explosions will be the attempt to make up for the lack of substance and 75% of all people that go to watch will simply go because its GI Joe.

From the previews, the costumes look bad and the acting is horrible.

Anyone else already cringe at this?
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 12:10:20 AM EDT
[#1]
When the trailers look that bad,  the movie can only realistically go in one direction.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 12:13:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
When the trailers look that bad,  the movie can only realistically go in one direction.
uh huh, now if they had only stayed with the GI Joe from the 80's comic book...it could have been a really neat movie....I like Scarlet though so I amy see it just to see her, she was my childhood alter ego.

Link Posted: 7/29/2009 12:13:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

+1, wtf did you expect?
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 12:24:41 AM EDT
[#4]
This is the movie that I'm most looking forward to seeing this summer. Looks like it's going to be non stop action and lots of cool effects, can't wait to see it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 12:28:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This is the movie that I'm most looking forward to seeing this summer. Looks like it's going to be non stop action and lots of cool effects, can't wait to see it.

Same here. I'll still see it, but I just think from the previews, it's already destined for disappointment.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 12:28:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When the trailers look that bad, the movie can only realistically go in one direction.
uh huh, now if they had only stayed with the GI Joe from the 80's comic book...it could have been a really neat movie....I like Scarlet though so I amy see it just to see her, she was my childhood alter ego.

Its all about Cover Girl.

I thought Lady Jay did a little too much fraternizing with NCOs but Scarlet had a cool crossbow.

Link Posted: 7/29/2009 12:29:08 AM EDT
[#7]
The previews didn't do it for me, will wait for it to cum out on dvd.....
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 12:34:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I just watched the trailer, that was terrible.

Link Posted: 7/29/2009 12:39:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
When the trailers look that bad, the movie can only realistically go in one direction.

I thought Lady Jay did a little too much fraternizing with NCOs but Scarlet had a cool crossbow.

Cover girl was cool too...but scarlet had red hair like me..soooo...

Link Posted: 7/29/2009 12:40:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The previews didn't do it for me, will wait for it to cum out on dvd.....
or come out....

Link Posted: 7/29/2009 12:51:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

The Baroness was the sex. But I would be scared that she would always try to tell me what to do.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 12:58:21 AM EDT
[#12]
I am fully prepared for this movie to be the epitome of suck.

It will no doubt both disgust me, and piss me off at the same time.

But dammit, I'm gonna go see it opening weekend.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 1:35:08 AM EDT
[#13]
It looked good to me, good enough to torrent .
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 1:37:50 AM EDT
[#14]
The suits really look like a turnoff for me.  But I'll give it a chance.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 1:53:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I am fully prepared for this movie to be the epitome of suck.

It will no doubt both disgust me, and piss me off at the same time.

But dammit, I'm gonna go see it opening weekend.
spoken like a true masochist...I should know, I've been one all summer...transformers 2? ugh. Public enemies? ugh.

Link Posted: 7/29/2009 1:56:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Raping my childhood, one movie at a time..........

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:25:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:26:32 PM EDT
[#19]
It's too "extreme" and new agey "cool", definitely not the GI Joe i remember from when i was a kid.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:29:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Sgt Rock of Easy Co. would knock the shit of G.I. Joe.  Not even a fair contest.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:33:11 PM EDT
[#21]
The GI Joe cartoon, and the whole "super hero" era of GI joe, with COBRA, all the rediculous characters was gay as hell.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:38:34 PM EDT
[#22]
I saw it yesterday in the theater on base for free and it was decent. I'm not going to watch it when it comes out in theaters or pay money to watch it again though... it was entertaining but not great.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Saw a free sneak peak this weekend on post. The movie is a lot of fun, my 8 year old loved it. It's not as liberal as the interviews etc, make it sound. It's fast paced with good effects. Let go of any notion of realism and enjoy.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:44:34 PM EDT
[#24]
From this.....

FUCKING AWESOME!  

To this...

WHAT THE FUCK GAY SHIT IS THIS?!?!?!?!?!  

Quoted:
The GI Joe cartoon, and the whole "super hero" era of GI joe, with COBRA, all the rediculous characters was gay as hell.

You never read the comic books as a kid did you? Cartoon was a 30 minute toy commercial. The comics were fucking awesome. More adult themed, Joes died on mission, real weapons, etc....
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:49:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Thanks for posting that; I'm going to pass on the movie.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:49:40 PM EDT
[#26]
RENT
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:52:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
From this.....

http://www.fortressofbaileytude.com/Pictures/GI_Joe_Marvel_054_Temp.jpg

http://www.gamespite.net/img/wiki/games/spot_metalgear02.jpg

FUCKING AWESOME!  

To this...

http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/gijoecharacters.jpg

http://www.bscreview.com/wp-content/gallery/gi-joe-the-rise-of-cobra-images/gi-joe-rise-of-cobra-images.jpg

WHAT THE FUCK GAY SHIT IS THIS?!?!?!?!?!  

Quoted:

You never read the comic books as a kid did you? Cartoon was a 30 minute toy commercial. The comics were fucking awesome. More adult themed, Joes died on mission, real weapons, etc....

No, I never read the comic books... All I know is the cartoon was almost as gay as anime.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top