Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2002 9:37:40 PM EDT
OK I think Specialized Armament is nearby, but are there any other good AR-15 parts places in the Scottsdale(preferred) or Phoenix area ?

I'm in town for a week with work and would really like to bring something back in the carry-on bag to make the rent-a-cops go hmmmmmm.

Recommendations?
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 9:49:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
OK I think Specialized Armament is nearby, but are there any other good AR-15 parts places in the Scottsdale(preferred) or Phoenix area ?

I'm in town for a week with work and would really like to bring something back in the carry-on bag to make the rent-a-cops go hmmmmmm.

Recommendations?
View Quote

American Spirit Arms, Corp.
15001 N. Hayden Rd Suite 112
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
Tel:888-486-5487
Fax: 480-483-5301
[url]www.gunkits.com[/url]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:19:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Checked out American Spirit Arms this afternoon.  Nice looking ARs for sale there, including a nice .308 AR!

Since I was just looking for parts I picked up two carbine "H" buffers for $9.95 each.

The luxury cars place next door with the maroon and tan Ferrari out front was nice too - but WAY out of my lifestyle!
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 6:23:00 PM EDT
[#3]
American Spirit Arms sounds like it's near the Armory.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:06:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Same shopping plaza - The Armory is upstairs.  Nice selection of goodies up there including FA rentals of ummm... SAWs!  Had some Eagle nylon along with the slug throwers.

Prices seemed a little high on things for my taste - $689 for an HK USP 9 fullsize was typical.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 3:42:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Checked out American Spirit Arms this afternoon.

Glad I could answer a question for a fellow AR15.com'er.....

I bought a ASA15 from them about 2 years ago. I hear good and bad about them, but I've never had any trouble with them.

How long you gonna be in AZ?

Link Posted: 1/30/2002 7:46:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Just another day Buckaroo - doing some testing at the Motorola plant in Scottsdale.

Thanks for the info though!

Ummm, what happened to SUNNY ARIZONA ??  [8)]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 7:59:05 PM EDT
[#7]
You missed the sun by a day or two. This is our typical "bad" winter day.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 8:03:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just another day Buckaroo - doing some testing at the Motorola plant in Scottsdale.
View Quote

Isn't that plant (Hayden/McDowell) owned by General Dynamics now?

Link Posted: 1/31/2002 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Isn't that plant (Hayden/McDowell) owned by General Dynamics now?
View Quote

Well yeah but I haven't gotten used to the new name yet though!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top