Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2002 7:59:32 PM EDT
With the weather projected to be in the mid-60's here tomorrow I decided to take the afternoon off and spend the time at the range.

This of course requires that I pack up stuff tonight to bring along, so I pick out a half dozen rifles to take along (elicting a comment from my wife of "Are they all new?") and load up the accessory bag with all of the usual extras needed for an enjoyable afternoon at the range.

Now it's time to pack up a couple of ammo cans worth of ammo. I dig out the match grade 5.56 and 7.62x51, but I also want to shoot the new VEPR II and an StG-58, so I grab a couple hundred rounds of 7.62x39 and then go look for the 2K rounds of SA 7.62x51 I got from the Ammoman. I start looking through boxes and cans; I find the wood cases of Argentine 7.62x51, I find ammo cans full of Radway Green, I find a case of Federal Gold Medal Match 168gr HPBT that I didn't even know I had.

Somewhat perplexed, I pack up everything else, and try to convince myself to break out a crowbar and open up one of the sealed wood cases of Argentine 308.

I sit down at my home office desk, put my feet up to think about it, and realize that the footrest under my desk is actually 2000 rounds of South African 7.62x51

Damn, old age is tough.

Link Posted: 1/28/2002 8:07:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 8:20:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 8:31:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Where 'ya goin shootin tomorrow ?

I'm officially "laid-off" now, so I can hit th range anytime I want...
I should have enough ammo to keep me busy a few hours...

Anywhere nearby ?

I put a barrel/stock combo on my 10-22 and need to sight it in, got an SP-1 on Saturday that I need to shoot a little, Got a mini-14 on Sunday that I'd like to try, and a C-more on that 16" DPMS needs sighted in...

How long a range you going to ?
100, 200, 300 yards ?

...or CP indoor range ?

Drop me an email if you wanna get together...
I've got the whole day open...

[email][email protected][/email]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 8:53:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I fall under the "too much stuff" category...

Just last weekend, we turned the "baby's room" into my "Gun room"[:D]

Wife wasn't too receptive to the idea at first, but was happy to have the space back in our bedroom...

My guns & gear take up more space than all the baby's furniture, clothes, gizmos & toys combined...

Still need to finish off the downstairs workshop for a place to "tinker"...
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 9:00:19 PM EDT
[#5]
thebeekeeper1-

Between gun and computer stuff, I have to trun sideways to get into my home office. The wife isn't looking to kindly on safe #3.

DVDTracker -

I'd need a dually and trailer to carry "all my stuff" to the range [;)]

Art -

Email on the way

Link Posted: 1/28/2002 10:01:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Art -

Email on the way

View Quote

Got it...
See you at 12:30...
I'll be driving the 'Burban...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top