Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2001 6:32:08 PM EDT
I just bought a SKS so now I'm looking at one or two or three heh of the following.

All the below guns look very similar.  Is the 30, 59 etc the year they were produced?   I see that some have different lengths.   Can anyone recommend one or two?  I'm leaning on getting a M44 Carbine and the 91/30.  

1891 Mosin Nagant
M-91/30 Mosin Nagant
M91/59 Carbine
M39 Mosin Nagant
M-44 Carbine

Thanks.

Link Posted: 3/15/2001 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I would go with your two choices, and look at a gas seal revolver to go with them. Pretty nice battery for 1950's prices.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 3:15:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Where might I find a gas seal revolver?  I need to start looking at C&R pistols now. :)

In the latest Shotgun News, I did see a C&R East German Makarov 9mm semi auto pistol for 139.95.   Hmm, wonder where I can get mags for that?
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 4:19:08 AM EDT
[#3]
try www. makarov.com They have everything for Mak's, parts, (should you need them) mags,aftermarket grips, (well worth looking at)and a load of info on the makarov pistol, as far as the mosin's are concerned check out Aim inc, www.aimsurplus.com I've delt with them before and they are good people to deal with, honest,and will try to make things right if you're not happy with what you recive, Also look up Tuco's mauser forum,(Mosin-Nagant Dot Net) (there's also a forum for mosin's) lots of info,The guys there will be more than happy to help you out with your choice of Mosin's
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top