Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2002 6:22:26 PM EDT
After the realization that I spend WAY too much time on the forums, I read back at some old posts of mine and realized I have put my foot in my mouth way too many times. While I enjoy the forums almost as much as I enjoy shooting, I realize I must take back some comments I have made. Some of these are:

1. Any comments I have made regarding home invasions and CCW shoot/no-shoot scenarios. While these are fun coffee-table talk, I realize some things are left best with a lawyer instead of asking on a public board. I hereby take back ANY questions, comments and answers I have posted regarding these topics. I know the Internet is eternal, but the truth is, while some may not agree, that I mainly keep my guns around for sporting purposes. I choose my guns with sport shooting (IPSC and IDPA), not HD or carry in mind.

2. Any SHTF scenario speculations regarding a NWO or so-called "JBT"s breaking down doors and such. I will still post on SHTF topics regarding "SHTF packs" and "BOBs" but I tend to think of them as preparation for fires, riots, earthquakes, (been through two major earthquakes, neighbors on BOTH sides of me had their houses burn up, and the riots were not particularly fun, all in my 14 years of living in LA). Really, I tend to be an optimist, and (sorry if we disagree) doubt we will see a SHTF scenario which we all envision of society breaking down and we have to shoot massive hordes of neighbors breaking in for food and cigarettes. In a real SHTF scenario, the sheeple will be glued to the TV, not knocking on a known gun-nut's (our) door! I will continue to seek the great advice you all have provided for disaster preparation in the future, just I will omit the apocalyptic material.

3. Again, any comments made about shooting people, especially in dry humor. The Internet, while we have smiley faces, does not have much in we can communicate our tone. The realization came to me in a post regarding the differences between a 'combat gun' and a 'target gun'. I referred to the 'combat gun' as a 'kill people' gun and realized that was a stupid thing and can be easily misinterpreted. It doesn't show online, but I have almost a hippie-like love and value for human life. I don't want to get into religion here, but it has some to do with it, just for the record so you don't think I'm a granola-eating sandal-wearing long-hair! Very, very few things are worth taking of life, and I know some dry comments I have made in the past do not reflect how much I value life.

I hope you guys dont take offense. Really I am a pussy cat, and probably a coward. I woudln't shoot ANYONE unless my @$$, a close friend, or family member is directly involved. I tend to avoid fights, and rarely stand my ground over stupid issues, it just ain't worth it.

I have learned a great deal from the forums, and will continue to post here regularly, but felt that I should set the record straight if I had made any misconceptions or false impressions of myself. But for the record, I really DO have a bushy tail and a few stripes. Some things are better left unsaid, but you can still count on me to bitch and complain about California Law. That, I am afraid, will never change.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 6:26:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
After the realization that I spend WAY too much time on the forums, I read back at some old posts of mine and realized I have put my foot in my mouth way too many times. While I enjoy the forums almost as much as I enjoy shooting, I realize I must take back some comments I have made. Some of these are:

1. Any comments I have made regarding home invasions and CCW shoot/no-shoot scenarios. While these are fun coffee-table talk, I realize some things are left best with a lawyer instead of asking on a public board. I hereby take back ANY questions, comments and answers I have posted regarding these topics. I know the Internet is eternal, but the truth is, while some may not agree, that I mainly keep my guns around for sporting purposes. I choose my guns with sport shooting (IPSC and IDPA), not HD or carry in mind.

2. Any SHTF scenario speculations regarding a NWO or so-called "JBT"s breaking down doors and such. I will still post on SHTF topics regarding "SHTF packs" and "BOBs" but I tend to think of them as preparation for fires, riots, earthquakes, (been through two major earthquakes, neighbors on BOTH sides of me had their houses burn up, and the riots were not particularly fun, all in my 14 years of living in LA). Really, I tend to be an optimist, and (sorry if we disagree) doubt we will see a SHTF scenario which we all envision of society breaking down and we have to shoot massive hordes of neighbors breaking in for food and cigarettes. In a real SHTF scenario, the sheeple will be glued to the TV, not knocking on a known gun-nut's (our) door! I will continue to seek the great advice you all have provided for disaster preparation in the future, just I will omit the apocalyptic material.

3. Again, any comments made about shooting people, especially in dry humor. The Internet, while we have smiley faces, does not have much in we can communicate our tone. The realization came to me in a post regarding the differences between a 'combat gun' and a 'target gun'. I referred to the 'combat gun' as a 'kill people' gun and realized that was a stupid thing and can be easily misinterpreted. It doesn't show online, but I have almost a hippie-like love and value for human life. I don't want to get into religion here, but it has some to do with it, just for the record so you don't think I'm a granola-eating sandal-wearing long-hair! Very, very few things are worth taking of life, and I know some dry comments I have made in the past do not reflect how much I value life.

I hope you guys dont take offense. Really I am a pussy cat, and probably a coward. I woudln't shoot ANYONE unless my @$$, a close friend, or family member is directly involved. I tend to avoid fights, and rarely stand my ground over stupid issues, it just ain't worth it.

I have learned a great deal from the forums, and will continue to post here regularly, but felt that I should set the record straight if I had made any misconceptions or false impressions of myself. But for the record, I really DO have a bushy tail and a few stripes. Some things are better left unsaid, but you can still count on me to bitch and complain about California Law. That, I am afraid, will never change.
View Quote

I hope you realize that this disclaimer means that yo mama ain't tactical no mo.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a few comments regarding your points.

1. If anyone ever invades your home with intent to rob or harm you I say kill 'em. Kill 'em dead. Just shoot until you have run out of bullets.

2. If society every breaks down and you need to defend yourself from whoever, make sure you shoot to kill. None of this center of mass BS, go for the head and if you connect, but not cleanly then take another shot. If there are more than one assailant then pot shots are fine, just make sure you lay down a bunch of lead in all directions. Make people think [b]YOU[/b] are the crazy one. Did I mention to make sure you kill anybody you shoot?

3.If you shoot people make sure you only do it for a good reason and make sure that they die. No use leaving them mangled, just get it over with.

These are all my opinions and I stand behind my opinions 100% unless I decide to change my opinion at some later point in time. If anyone decides to rely upon the opinions of a raving lunatic from the internet, such as myself, as legal facts or inferrences then you yourself are actually the raving lunatic.

[:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top