Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2002 5:47:08 PM EDT
Tomorrow evening, the President will give the State of The Union Address.  Gathered at the Capitol Building to hear the President's speech will be the Vice President, the Joint Chiefs, all of the cabinet Secrataries, SCOTUS Justices, and the entire Senate and House of Representatives, and quite a few other high level government officials.

A "target rich environment" if ever there was one.  

Knowing that the Russians can not account for about 80 "backpack" nuclear devices and the extreme lengths that OBL would go to in order to aquire a nuclear capability, what are the odds that one of those missing "backpacks" would walk on to the Mall?

I would say possible but not probable.

But if you would have asked me, on September 10th 2001, how likely would it be for 4 jet liners to be hijacked, 2 of those airplanes to be flown into the WTC, 1 into the Pentagon, and the other to be forced by a few passengers to crash into a field in PA, I would have said the same thing.

Also, if the above scenario does come to pass, what will happen across the country?  Who would be in charge?
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 5:59:36 PM EDT
[#1]
>>>Also, if the above scenario does come to pass, what will happen across the country? Who would be in charge?<<<

Imbroglio would be in charge.

Jay
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 6:03:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Sit tight DPeacher, there will be a knock at the door any minute.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 6:03:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Obviously GWB will be there but either the Vice President or Speaker of the House will not be there.
(Probably the Vice President will have an excused absence.)

(I suspect this is how it will be handled.)
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
>>>Also, if the above scenario does come to pass, what will happen across the country? Who would be in charge?<<<

Jay
View Quote

Wheww...Thank goodness for that!  I was kinda skeered fer a little while, but if Imbroglio will be call'n the shots everything will be just fine.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 6:09:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sit tight DPeacher, there will be a knock at the door any minute.
View Quote

Heck, THEY don't have to knock anymore.  I gave'em their own key!
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 6:15:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Jay
View Quote

I've seen a draft of his first act.  10/22's and 38's for EVERYONE!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top