Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2001 6:23:55 PM EDT
Has anyone used these, and do they increase accuracy?
Along with that, are recoil buffers a good idea, or a waste of money?
[sniper]
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 7:43:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I got an Accuwedge clone at a gun show for a buck. Put it in and it tightened the upper/lower, but I didn't notice any accuracy increase. I still have it in the rifle... because I paid a buck for it as much as any reason. It does make the rear pin considerably harder to push out.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 1:14:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the real Accuwedge that cost me five bucks and it does the same thing bigdb1 describes above.

I have/had several AR's and only the Colt 6601 needed it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2001 5:08:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Takes out all the 'free play' between the upper and lower, so theoretically... . If anything it will eliminate the slack between the reciever halves which sounds like a pretty good deal to me for a coupla bucks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 9:41:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought one, use it in one of me ar's cant hurt.
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 10:18:39 PM EDT
[#5]
i like many dcm shooters use the acuwedge. i agree you will not see any change in accuracy as it does not effect bolt to barrel lock up. but it is a comforting thing to not have your rifle move or rattle. its all in my head but i like my rifle tight. if it feels good do it....pat
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 10:22:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the rate reducers, in place of the buffer!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top