Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2002 4:08:08 AM EDT
....was that the WORST officiating EVER in an NFL game, between the Steelers and the Patriots yesterday???

On the reviewed plays, the review is ONLY supposed to change the call on the field IF there is INCONTROVERTABLE evidence in the replay that the wrong call was made on the field.

The ref did NOT follow that rule AT ALL ( or at least only 50% of the time)

Made instant replay look like a really bad idea.

Whadda ya think?????
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 4:10:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Let`s have replay on EVERY down........you`re right, G-MAN.........joke........In my opinion, they need to add two more refs to each backfield...and ditch the replay.....the game has gotten away from these guys.....also...no geezers allowed...only younger people...in shape............my opinion....
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 4:38:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
also...no geezers allowed...only younger people...in shape............my opinion....
View Quote

I disagree with this. Nothing makes my Sunday any better than seeing a zebra getting demolished because he was too slow to get out of the way of the play!   [:)]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 5:34:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Let's do without officiating. No referee. Let the players be their own officials. He! He! He!

Usually the bigger and stronger team always win, the fight and the game. It happened to me once in High School.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 6:29:36 AM EDT
[#4]
You mean like Rugby? Rugby has only one official on the field and two side judges. A lot of rugby is "self regulating" since the offical can't see everything.

Karl
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 7:35:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Kind of like the U.S. Judicial system with all its' flaws - imperfect but better than others.

Guess I'd still rather have instant reply - even with all its' flaws.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top