Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/21/2009 6:07:12 PM EDT
I know there have been some posts, but who is watching.
I'd have already been in a fight with the marauders.

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#1]
im watching

ETA: OoooOoooo first intruder
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:13:25 PM EDT
[#2]
in, i already like it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:14:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Just flipped it on. They are actually putting out useful information. Might have to keep it going.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:15:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Been trying to watch here at work.  I'll give it another look when I get home (DVRing it).  So far so good.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't like it.  The first thing I would do is get as far away from cities as I could.  And I would not only be looting grocery stores, but also sporting goods for guns as well as camping and survival gear.  But I guess that city folk would probably not want to leave the places they are familiar with.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:18:38 PM EDT
[#6]
ok for how long or how much water could be filtered through their filtration system before changing the sand and charcoal

also i see they will make a mistake.

security.....
there needs to be someone on patrol at all times...
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:18:47 PM EDT
[#7]
They have a crapper!
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:19:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Didn't like the layout of the show. I realize it's the first episode but it's jumping around with no sence of direction. Swtiched over to "The Office" at the first commercial break.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#9]
oops they just touched on security

i would have a weapon for sure...

but then again i lost it all in my boat accident...
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Good so far!
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:21:13 PM EDT
[#11]
They need guns.

That would take care of the maruaders taking their crap and also any other of these "security breaches" they're going to have. Nothing says GTFO like some well placed gun fire.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:22:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They need guns.

That would take care of the maruaders taking their crap and also any other of these "security breaches" they're going to have. Nothing says GTFO like some well placed gun fire.

word.....
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:24:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't like it.  The first thing I would do is get as far away from cities as I could.  And I would not only be looting grocery stores, but also sporting goods for guns as well as camping and survival gear.  But I guess that city folk would probably not want to leave the places they are familiar with.

It can only be so real. Not to mention you dont think EVERYONE else will have looted everything already?

Also they are putting out good information without freaking out the masses.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#14]
4 new survivors.....hmmmm
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:29:40 PM EDT
[#15]
The handyman Mike = ARFCOM (attitude wise)

Its clearly obvious he's going to cause friction among the others
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Ok... it's already taking a dive... too much reality show behavior. This Michael guy is definitely playing a part.

I thought it was going to be all about shit you can do to survive... not how to act like a bunch of bitches.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:30:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Blond chick is kinda hot.
Good breeding stock for re-population
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#18]
My greeting of survivors would go like this: "F you Arock". If an appropriate response is given, I'd let them in for a bit. If they answer is "WTF", that means it's time for them to go away.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#19]
it looks like a joke to me
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Did they really just use their batteries for a big ass light array?

What a waste
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:33:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ok... it's already taking a dive... too much reality show behavior. This Michael guy is definitely playing a part.

I thought it was going to be all about shit you can do to survive... not how to act like a bunch of bitches.

You could catch the "reality show" vibe from the commercials. I realize it can only be "so real" but this just seems bad. As for relaying to the masses..I'm not sure how many of the "masses" would watch it in the first place. I've asked around the last couple days and I haven't heard of anyone planning to watch.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#22]
The factory is way to big for the number of people they have. There is no way that it is in any way defendable
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:33:59 PM EDT
[#23]
leave major cities.... first place they went wrong...
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#24]
not only should they have left the city, but they also should be able to pillage.

Also, I would have told the visitors to FOAD.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:34:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Group dynamics suck. If you were to be stuck without your preps with a group of random people, this is what you would face.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:35:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
leave major cities.... first place they went wrong...

For sure.  If every one else is dead it should'nt be to hard to find a truck, hit a few stores to collect supplies and head for the hills.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#27]
If it was real the blond chick would get a train run on her, and Michael would have been bludgeoned to death within the first 48 hours.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:36:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Dang....I wanted to see this and didn't know it started tonight!...

I guess I'll catch the rest of the first episode later tonight..
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#29]
I'll give it a few episodes. The problem with this "show" is going to be how far they allow it to go. They can't allow people to murder, rape etc etc, but, it's also a sure fire thing in a situation like this. When the marauders show up, simply talking it out MAY work once, but not every time.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:36:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The factory is way to big for the number of people they have. There is no way that it is in any way defendable

i was thinking that too...
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:37:06 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

If it was real the blond chick would get a train run on her, and
Michael would have been bludgeoned to death within the first 48 hours.

Awesome!!! And so true... take the pushy alpha male out of the equation... he'll eventually turn on everyone.

They should have dipped into the wealth of knowledge from all of the EOTWAWKI survivors on AR15.com.

This is looking more like Survivor: Warehouse Edition or Mtv's Real World in Jericho

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You would be killed on sight if you come to my neck of the woods..

A looter is a dead man ...I don't care!

There is a survival forum...Go check it out.

You might learn ways to avoid becoming the enemy of those of us who prepare for TEOTWAWKI and SHTF events...
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:37:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
They should have dipped into the wealth of knowledge from all of the EOTWAWKI survivors on AR15.com.

This is looking more like Survivor: Warehouse Edition

Exactly
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:39:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Now they have a felon.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:40:37 PM EDT
[#35]
guys on motorcycle gets .223 bullet to head.
new motorcycles gained...

oh shit their acting now....

kick the cigarettes, kick the booze,, what good would  that have been if you would have gotten hurt....
that part sucked..
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#36]
I would enjoy the setup if there was a paintball type aspect to the raider/defenders.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:42:05 PM EDT
[#37]
first thing i would do would be to take a steel pipe, some propane, a few nuts and bolts, and i could have made a big ass potatoe launcher / shotgun cannon. The producers would have been rethinking the game plan real quick after that.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:42:23 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

They need guns.

Or better yet, archery.  Or other improvised projectile launcher.  Warm, fetid sewage if arms are not allowed.

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:42:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Well, they found charcoal...
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:43:37 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Blond chick is kinda hot.

Good breeding stock for re-population

I would prefer the marine biologist.  Hotter in the sack.  Plus ER nurses get that bubble butt by age 30 which means you would only have 2 years of fun.

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#41]
another point is where are their firearms?  F that S... I'd volunteer as the sniper and pick people off from 600 yards all day long.  Just keep me fed and I'll take care of the marauders.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:43:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
first thing i would do would be to take a steel pipe, some propane, a few nuts and bolts, and i could have made a big ass potatoe launcher / shotgun cannon. The producers would have been rethinking the game plan real quick after that.

LOL!  Classic ARFCOM mentality.  I love it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#43]
There is some serious bad acting going on.  So far this is coming off as if most of this is scripted.

Also a TEOTWAWKI situation with NO firearms of any kind gets out of .  Now obviously they couldnt use real ammo, but they could at least use paintball guns or something like that.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:45:11 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Well, they found charcoal...
Saltpeter from sewage and ash?  The ash provides potassium, most nitrate in waste is sodium nitrate.  

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#45]
How long have they been here so far?

The best weapons they can come up with are 3" x 8' metal pipes?

This Michael guy needs to get voted out of the warehouse NOW. What a douche bag.

And I agree, this definitely won't get taken to the highest level unless they let them pillage and loot, find some guns (airsoft or paint guns or blanks) and are allowed to at least simulate killing intruders and shit. Granted it would never come close to reality since they would be a lot less hesitant to kill someone if it was real, but still. It would make things more interesting.

I hope they have them hunting, killing, and butchering some animals.

And I hope someone gets a raging case of solanum... or at least crabs
ETA: Wow... that many car batteries just to run a fluorescent light? How fucking retarded. They have plenty of light during the day. It's called sunlight. Light at night = "Hey everyone on the outside of the walls... come and try to kill us and take what we have!!!"

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:46:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Inverter fail.  One battery with an internal short would bring down the entire.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:46:36 PM EDT
[#47]
are all of those batteries sitting directly on concrete?  idiots....
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:47:17 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

are all of those batteries sitting directly on concrete?  idiots....

Do tell.

Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 6:48:29 PM EDT
[#50]
did he just say 144 gallons a day per american in water consumption?
we r pigs...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top