Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2002 6:56:16 PM EDT
Not paying enough taxes??

Well, State Rep. Steve May, is asking AZ residents to pitch in a few more bucks to help out.

He has introduced a bill (HB2241) that calls for a check-off box on personal income tax forms to make voluntary tax contributions.

Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but, I pay enough taxes, and sure as hell don't think these inept public servants should be asking for more.

These same state lawmakers, signed a bill (alternative fuel fiasco)into law, that will end up costing the state more than $500,000,000.00. Yup!, half a billion!, or more.

I have written him an email, and expressed my feelings, I hope you will too.

They are going to hear this bill tuesday, so let him, and the other morons know what you think.

Rep. Steve May
602-542-5408
[email protected]

Waterdog
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 7:03:04 PM EDT
[#1]
[b]PHVKER!! You HAD to do it, didn't you?!![/b][pissed]

You had to bring up [b]MUTHERPH*KNG-INCOME TAX[/B][pissed]... on a [u]Sunday[/b] no less!!!

I'll respond to your post, but first I need to go punch a few rounds on the heavy bag before I crush this keyboard [pissed]

Link Posted: 1/27/2002 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Ahh, much better. Now, to your post.
Steve May is, well, true to his "colors".  Only a true hypocritical lefty would propose such a stunt as this.  Pathetic really.  

Me: "Mr. May, do you itemize or do you take the standard deduction?"

May: "I choose blahblah deduction."

Me: "Mr. May, how many dependants do you claim on your W4?

May: "I claim ## dependants."

Me: "Okay Mr. May, if you think Gov't needs more money, why do you sir, take ANY deductions?  Why do you, sir, claim ANY dependants?  Isn't the Gov't better able to spend your money than you? Why not empty out your savings account each year and send it in to the Gov't on top of your regular withholding?  Once you do that, THEN you can come to me and ask me to give more to the Gov't.

Steve May is a classic "do as I say not as I do" money-sucking hypocrite.

P.S. You made one error [b]Waterdog[/b] about the "Alt-Fuel" fiasco.  That half-billion dollar price tag is just the [u]beginning estimate[/u] of the cost to the State for that masterpiece of Gov't incompetence.  State of AZ has to cough up  $500million+ to get out of legal jeopardy and gets NOTHING in return - what a deal!!

Link Posted: 1/27/2002 8:06:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Mac,
I know, but, it was the BIG pimple on the legislators record that is still on the mind of many Arizonans.

I don't believe my fellow Arizonans, want to sit and read for several hours, about how their public servants are plundering the treasury.

Waterdog
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 2:22:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Those bastards!

Arrrggggghghghghghgh

[frag]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top