Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2002 6:27:18 PM EDT
Anyone know where I can get my hands on a CHEAP ass AK47 kit or rifle? I dont care what the hell they look like, just as long as they go BANG. I plan on using these for training aids for my Marines.

I would like to get some BFAs and blanks if I could too.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 6:34:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 6:37:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Shotar. I wanted to try here first cuz this forum usually gets the quickest response.

Anyone know what happened to the Inter-Ordnance site? It seems to be gone.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#3]
someone is pushing a new americiaized AK, origanlly a single stack, converted to double stack, and added americian parts. these are 300 for a new one, cant remember the site though.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 7:50:44 PM EDT
[#4]
guns-n-ammo.com used to have AK47 kits for a little over $100 and recievers for $50. I know the Hesse receivers are a pain, but money is an object here. If I can find kits for that price again, that would kick ass.

BTW- I found 7.62x39 blanks at [url]http://www.surplusfirearms.com/ammuniti.htm[/url]

AK47 BFA at [url]www.tapco.com[/url]
But to use the BFA, you need a threaded barrel adapter which you can find at [url]www.sksman.com[/url]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 3:30:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Why buy when you can borrow?

If you are near a major army installation (one with a Brigade or larger manuever unit), they usually have an OPFOR training detachment that can provide real AKs, RPKs, PKs, SVDs and RPGs for training to other units. Their biggest deal was running the "OPFOR Weapons Familarization" range. All your unit had to do for that one was get an MPRC on a day the training det was available. They brought the weapons and the ammo, and it didn't come out of your unit's ammo or training budgets.

The Army hung on to a large number of the AKs it captured in the 91 War, as well, and the OPFOR at NTC use them instead of M16s now, so Army installation-level training support units may have them available for sign-out to support training, the same way you draw MILES gear and other training aids.

If you are in Wisconsin (I am assuming your unit is a Reserve one), your best bet might be trying to contact Ft Knox or Ft Riley-they would probably be the closest posts that might have this kind of unit.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 5:31:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info Natez. Yes, I am reserve. I don't think that the base we train at will have that kind of stuff available, but I'll check on it anyway.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top