Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2001 3:17:04 PM EDT
About 6 wks. ago I decided to add a FAL to my collection, I thought I would have one assembled. I've heard Hesse makes junk rifles( including ARs) so I figured I'd be safe with parts,WRONG!!! I called and talked to guy named Robert(?), he said he had one new Izzy HB left. My FFL holder ordered the barrel and paid with his credit card. A few days later an empty box arrived, we contacted Hesse and they said it was U.P.S.'s fault and to contact them.We knew that Hesse should have insured the item and they said they were certain the barrel was packed. We both have called Hesse several times over the last 6 wks. only to get a run around when we talk with some one and masseges  are never returned, they have refused to take the charge off of my FFL's card.Bottom line STAY AWAY FROM hesse!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 3:30:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow!  Another reason to stay away from Hesse, as if we really needed another.  Sorry to hear that they ripped you off.
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 4:23:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll tell you what, anytime a person mentions about buying anything hesse I will share the experience. I still can't understand why they would lie about having a item and charge a person for it, correct me if I'm wrong but that is theft!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 4:44:53 PM EDT
[#3]
More and more a ffl is becoming a license
to steal. ffl=findum fleeceum leaveum
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 5:49:50 AM EDT
[#4]
HANGFIRE,
end rant

Link Posted: 6/20/2001 5:30:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw an ad from Hesse on this board advertising .17 Remington barrels for the AR-15 for $100.00 + shipping I ordered on 6/8/2001 got tired of waiting and called yesterday was told it shipped on 6/12 I was given a tracking # when I got home the # was invalid on www.ups.com checked it today and found out that he just shipped it after I called. So he had my money for two weeks without shipping anything then lies to me that it shipped 8 days ago. Now it won't be here till the 25th. I will not order from them ever again.......

[pissed]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 5:38:54 PM EDT
[#6]
The firearm industry is a "cottage industry." Goof balls like this better treat customers better or they won't have any...  It's silly I have to say it...
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 5:46:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Historically what has happened is that when the buying public gets wise to these guys business practices, they just close the company and re-open under another name and in another location.  That is somewhat harder than it use to be with the newer reg.s on FFL's and business premise inspections and approvals, but can still happen, especially if 2 or more "business" partners so they can swap the name of the FFL holder around.
[X] [X]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 5:52:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Two magic words, sir:

Charge Back
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 2:52:23 AM EDT
[#9]
btt.....
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 4:44:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Can anyone tell me how long has hesse(I refuse to capitalize the name)has benn in business?I have'nt heard of them until recently.I don't know how they make it when they rob their customers and treat them like $h*t!I have only two words,FU$% hesse and the horse they rode in on!

I know that's more than two.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 9:16:41 AM EDT
[#11]
well my barrel finally made it here today. Two problems though. First on the crwon of the barrel there is finish missing in two places. Second the barrel extension does not have any finish on it, out of the box it was covered with rust spots. I guess I learned my lesson on this one I will let everyone know how it shoots as soon as I order a bolt and receiver for it........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top