Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2002 9:41:55 AM EDT
A friend forwarded me an e-mail stating that the American Liberty Foundation has raised $20,000 to purchase 3 ads on CNN on 2 FEB 02.  (I don't know the time yet.)

You can see the ad at [url]http://www.AmericanLibertyFoundation.org/second.htm[/url].

They have chosen Saturday on a major national cable network, which means most of you
will be able to view these ads. CNN viewers will be treated to a little
lampooning of politically correct gun control advocates in their Yard Sign ad.

This is a historic ad buy, representing the first time, to my knowledge, that a
libertarian commercial will be on national television television without the
benefit of a presidential campaign.

This is a great idea (if it makes it past the Standards and Practices (censors) at CNN).  

BlueAngel

PS  Much of this is cribbed shamelessly from the e-mail which was in turn cribbed from another board.  

Link Posted: 1/27/2002 9:45:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd bet dollars to doughnuts it dont clear the censors.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 9:48:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

no bet
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 9:49:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

What kind of odds you laying?
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 10:07:42 AM EDT
[#4]
id say the odds of them makeing it past the censors are nil to none.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 10:24:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I suspect CNN will burn in hell two times before they ever consider running a pro-gun ad. Lets not forget this is on of the networks trying to gain symphathy for JohnnieBin(walking around alive for too many days now)Walker.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 10:45:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Gun ads in at the Communist News Network, something I have to see to believe.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 11:52:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 12:52:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
but thats the NRA all the liberals hate them the most,m they prolly never heard of the American Liberty foundation before.
View Quote

True, but when they preview the ads before they are aired, they won't get accepted.  Hope I'm proved wrong, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top