Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2009 6:45:54 AM EDT
A co-worker sent this ad to me today and I thought I would pass it along.  Pissed me right off this morning.  Wonder where the money is coming from for this crap?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/gov/1272054051.html

Here's the script of the page:

Why is now the time to work for change?
Because we have a new president and new hope for a better America.

Because we need change like never before, on everything from the economy to climate change and more.

And because we know that the challenges we face, from ending our dependence on oil to winning the battle for equal rights, are huge—and the politicians and powerful interests who stupidly and stubbornly resist change aren’t calling it quits anytime soon.

America’s leading advocacy groups are gearing up to meet these challenges this summer. In order to win, they need citizen support and grassroots action. That’s where we come in.

At the Fund for the Public Interest, we’ve been organizing campaigns to protect the environment, stand up for the public interest, and defend human rights for more than 25 years. We've helped cut global warming pollution with Environment America. And working with the Human Rights Campaign, we helped organize the grassroots opposition needed to defeat the discriminatory Federal Marriage Amendment.

Your chance to make change happen.
We need people like you—lots of people like you—to go out in communities around the country this summer and help make change happen. And you can earn money doing it. Earn $4,000-$6,000 this summer.

To apply for a job this summer, visit our website—www.JobsThatMatter.org—

Compensation: $11-16 an hour
This is at a non-profit organization.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Phone calls about this job are ok.
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 7:09:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Not suprised it's in Kali. San Fagciso no less. I found somehthing similar up here in Minnesotastan too
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 7:13:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Irony is when you're employed to go promote universal healthcare, come down with a sudden case of broken-nose-from-being-punched-in-the-face syndrome, and your job doesn't qualify for medical benefits.

_MaH
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 7:21:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Not suprised it's in Kali. San Fagciso no less. I found somehthing similar up here in Minnesotastan too

I went to the website the ad is linked to and there's a list of the states where they want people.

It just pisses me off that OUR money is going to fund these idiots holding signs and crying to health care.
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 7:40:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went to the website the ad is linked to and there's a list of the states where they want people.

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k390/YaholaFults/Ad.jpg

It just pisses me off that OUR money is going to fund these idiots holding signs and crying to health care.

Good - they know to stay the fuck out of my state.

Someone should cross-reference the states they'll be campaigning in with the states that are "right to work" and see if there's an interesting finding.

Not me though, I'm going to lunch!

_MaH
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 7:44:22 AM EDT
[#5]
"The Summer of Change"

Link Posted: 7/16/2009 7:58:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k390/YaholaFults/Ad.jpg

Good - they know to stay the fuck out of my state.

Someone should cross-reference the states they'll be campaigning in with the states that are "right to work" and see if there's an interesting finding.

Not me though, I'm going to lunch!

_MaH

I thought about that too.  The great state of TN is not on this hit list.....yet.
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 8:17:44 AM EDT
[#7]
States that voted FOR Obama are supposedly getting more than those that did not.   This is surely the most cynical and political way to make a point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top