Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2002 5:41:00 AM EDT
Not that I care anymore, since Pitt crushed my team last week and all, but it's time to make the picks for todays games (or beer commercials, if inclined).

Game 1 - Steelers dominate Patriots. Pitt is looking tough.

Game 2 - Rams destroy Eagles. Should be ugly for Philli fans.

Next week, Rams beat Steelers in what should be a very tough game for both teams.

The floor is open to comments!!!

Link Posted: 1/27/2002 5:46:02 AM EDT
[#1]
My thoughts exactly....
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 5:56:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree with your picks for today, but St. Louis over Pittsburgh?  No friggin' way!

The biggest and best thing that the Rams have going for them is Warner.  There is no way that the Rams offensive line can withstand our defense.  I'm predicting at least four sacks on Warner during the Superbowl.

Man, I don't think it gets any better than talking about football on a website dedicated to AR-15's.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 6:01:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I agree with your picks for today, but St. Louis over Pittsburgh?  No friggin' way!

The biggest and best thing that the Rams have going for them is Warner.  There is no way that the Rams offensive line can withstand our defense.  I'm predicting at least four sacks on Warner during the Superbowl.

Man, I don't think it gets any better than talking about football on a website dedicated to AR-15's.
View Quote

Today's games are a given, but next week will be a closer game and tougher to pick. I stand by my Rams prediction, if only because I'm still bruised up from last week!  

Link Posted: 1/27/2002 6:19:33 AM EDT
[#4]
No doubt, St. Louis wins today.

I'd like to see the Pat's win, but I think the Steelers step up and win today.

Superbowl?

There isn't anyone left who can stop St. Louis.

First of all, they're just playing too good. Even with Warner a little beat up. These guys are the best show on earth, hands down.

Secondly, even if Pittsburg wins today Kordell and the rest of the team will choke.

They always do when it matters most.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 6:47:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Steelers.
Rams.
Rams Next week.

Pit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 7:51:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Steelers/Rams Super Bowl.

Steelers upset..... 31 to 24
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 8:03:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Next week, Rams beat Steelers in what should be a very tough game for both teams.

View Quote

I agree with Gus....I think it will be the Rams and Steelers next week with the Rams winning it all.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 8:35:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Steelers/Rams Super Bowl.

Steelers upset..... 31 to 24
View Quote

I like the way he's thinking.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 8:37:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Not that I care anymore, since Pitt crushed my team last week and all, but it's time to make the picks for todays games (or beer commercials, if inclined).

View Quote

Yep the floor is open but I have to agree with your picks - no comments.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 8:45:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not that I care anymore, since Pitt crushed my team last week and all
View Quote
Oh, you mean the one with the murderer playing for them?
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 8:46:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I do not watch any sport that does not include a gun!
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 8:47:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I do not watch any sport that does not include a gun!
View Quote

My sentiments exactly!!

When I first saw this post...I wondered what game they were talkingabout..

Is it the Superbowl?

Link Posted: 1/27/2002 8:53:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
View Quote

Jeezis F*ckin Krighst, Larry! Were you there as a witness that Lewis killed or even punched anybody or are you just spewing? The man went to court and was aquitted. Get over it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#14]
My second post at ar15.com and what is it about-football!
As a Rams fan, even I have to admit we did not win last weeks game-good 'ol Farve gave it to us.  Now we play the eagles today.  Should be an easy win.  But for the bowl, I'm hoping for the Patriots (of course, it should be Raiders/Steelers today.  Gotta admit Pat. fans, that forward motion call was BS).  The Steelers are gonna be tough after the last two weeks we've had.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 10:09:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
View Quote

Jeezis F*ckin Krighst, Larry! Were you there as a witness that Lewis killed or even punched anybody or are you just spewing? The man went to court and was aquitted. Get over it.
View Quote
My daughter and many of my friends live in Atlanta.  They had witnesses that saw him stab the guy.  Every witness changed their story on the witness stand.  Can you say 'bought off' or 'intimidated'?  OJ was acquitted, but many here still believe he is guilty, with a lot less proof.  Most people in the Atlanta area believe this guy is guilty.  There is a drive on to issue everyone rubber knives and wave them in a stabbing motion and play the song 'Backstabber' everytime he makes a play when the Ravens come to Atlanta next season.  If this is spewing, them I am spewing.  It is the firm belief of myself and thousands of others that he got away with murder, so I will not get over it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 10:17:22 AM EDT
[#16]
I am with you LarryG. The guy is a murderer. Makes me sick the way the commentators fawn all over this guy. If you are a celebrity in the US you can apparently get away with anything. Pro sports is littered with felons. The other guy ought to find other types of people for hero worship.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 10:18:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
View Quote

View Quote
My daughter and many of my friends live in Atlanta.  They had witnesses that saw him stab the guy.  Every witness changed their story on the witness stand.  Can you say 'bought off' or 'intimidated'?  OJ was acquitted, but many here still believe he is guilty, with a lot less proof.  Most people in the Atlanta area believe this guy is guilty.  There is a drive on to issue everyone rubber knives and wave them in a stabbing motion and play the song 'Backstabber' everytime he makes a play when the Ravens come to Atlanta next season.  If this is spewing, them I am spewing.  It is the firm belief of myself and thousands of others that he got away with murder, so I will not get over it.
View Quote

OJ was aquitted because there were [b]NO[/b] witnesses. Had there been one person that could actually put him at the scene of the crime he would probably be in jail today.

Now you're trying to tell me that this guy got off because there were witnesses?

I have to believe that there was no substantial evidence that he did any wrong doing, or they would have got him on something even if it wasn't murder.

Innocent until proven guilty. It's called America.

Link Posted: 1/27/2002 10:29:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe "dominate" was a little too strong of a word??? Will the Eagles play well like the Patriots have?  Stay Tuned!!!

Link Posted: 1/27/2002 10:32:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
View Quote

View Quote
View Quote

OJ was aquitted because there were [b]NO[/b] witnesses. Had there been one person that could actually put him at the scene of the crime he would probably be in jail today.

Now you're trying to tell me that this guy got off because there were witnesses?

I have to believe that there was no substantial evidence that he did any wrong doing, or they would have got him on something even if it wasn't murder.

Innocent until proven guilty. It's called America.

View Quote
Read my post.  EVERY witness changed their story on the witness stand.  As I said, how many defending Lewis, think OJ is guilty?  Lewis did do a plea bargain on a lesser charge.  He was not acqitted by a jury.  The prosecution saw what was happening and pled him down.  They did get him for something.

On the original subject, no one gave the Patriots a chance.  Well, it was 7-3, Brady got hurt, and now Bledsoe just tossed a TD pass and it is now 14-3.   Hmmmmm.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 10:44:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My daughter and many of my friends live in Atlanta.  They had witnesses that saw him stab the guy.
View Quote

Who had witnesses? The police? Do you think that Ray Lewis can buy the Atlanta Police? According to the "witness" I saw interviewed, the Atlanta cops intimidated HIM.

Every witness changed their story on the witness stand.  Can you say 'bought off' or 'intimidated'?  
View Quote

So you think EVERY witness was bought off? I doubt even Ray Lewis could pull that off without it being common knowledge beyond the confines of Atlanta. Again, the interview I saw had the witness claiming he was originally intimidated by the COPS.

OJ was acquitted, but many here still believe he is guilty, with a lot less proof.
View Quote

Again, WHAT PROOF??? (related to Lewis - I am sure OJ was guilty)

Most people in the Atlanta area believe this guy is guilty.  There is a drive on to issue everyone rubber knives and wave them in a stabbing motion and play the song 'Backstabber' everytime he makes a play when the Ravens come to Atlanta next season.
View Quote

Most people in Baltimore firmly believe that he is innocent. Irrelevant to law.

If this is spewing, them I am spewing.  It is the firm belief of myself and thousands of others that he got away with murder, so I will not get over it.
View Quote

Whatever. I'm just inclined to stick with facts and not let emmotions cloud my opinion. I know Lewis is no angel! But with all the witnesses that were there, if he were guilty of the actual stabbing as you say, I'm almost positive he would have been convicted. If he had any brains, he would have immediately ratted out his "buddies" whom I think DID do the deed. He should have locked the limo doors and sped away without them. He's not the sharpest marble in the can. He's guilty (I think) of obstruction of justice, and maybe in some way as an accessory to manslaughter. But the dumbass Atlanta prosecuter tries to go for the gold with his celebrity prisoner and charges him with murder.

Let's just drop the whole subject of Lewis since neither of us can really say we KNOW.

Back to the game at hand.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 10:49:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Read my post.  EVERY witness changed their story on the witness stand.  As I said, how many defending Lewis, think OJ is guilty?  Lewis did do a plea bargain on a lesser charge.  He was not acqitted by a jury.  The prosecution saw what was happening and pled him down.  They did get him for something.

View Quote

He may have plead to a lesser charge, but it was a charge that was not related to murder, which is the subject here and what I was referring to. Unless you are planning on getting a plastic knife to harass him for a disorderly conduct charge or somesuch.

So every witness (how many were there?) told the truth before hand to reliable sources and all of their statements are documented for the record, then every last one of them decided to perjure themselves during the trial? Exactly who did they tell the 'truth' to before the court date and why weren't those people called to testify on their previous statements?

Why weren't you called as a witness since you know all of the 'facts' of the case?

Link Posted: 1/27/2002 10:59:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

OJ was acquitted, but many here still believe he is guilty, with a lot less proof.
View Quote

Again, WHAT PROOF??? (related to Lewis - I am sure OJ was guilty)

Whatever. I'm just inclined to stick with facts and not let emmotions cloud my opinion.
View Quote

You say you don't let emotions cloud your opinion, but you are sure OJ is guilty.  This is exactly what I am talking about.  

I know Lewis is no angel! But with all the witnesses that were there, if he were guilty of the actual stabbing as you say, I'm almost positive he would have been convicted. If he had any brains, he would have immediately ratted out his "buddies" whom I think DID do the deed. He should have locked the limo doors and sped away without them. He's not the sharpest marble in the can. He's guilty (I think) of obstruction of justice, and maybe in some way as an accessory to manslaughter. But the dumbass Atlanta prosecuter tries to go for the gold with his celebrity prisoner and charges him with murder.
View Quote

He DID rat out his two buddies, that's how he got his plea bargain.  The prosecutor had a tight case, but the witnesses did change their stories, whether you want to believe it or not.  Their statements to the police are completely different from their testimony.  Yes, he has enough money to buy off poor people.  He did not buy off the cops, most of whom believe he is guilty.

Let's just drop the whole subject of Lewis since neither of us can really say we KNOW.

Back to the game at hand.
View Quote
Okay.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 11:16:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Well, whether or not Lewis was the one that killed the guy, he did obstruct justice and hamper the investigation.

He is a prime example of a serious problem witht the NFL. Too many scumbags that you wouldn't want living next door to you are allowed to play and glamorized by the media.  

Now that that's out of the way, looks like Kordell and the boys may well just choke a week earlier than I predicted.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#24]
All I can say is Go RAMS !!!!
Here is St. Louis we are totally pumped.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#25]
WooooooooooooHoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
JMR, I might have to come up there to celebrate with you.  Hometown is down the road in Washington.

GO RAMS!!!!
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 1:39:29 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Sorry, the champagne (AFC) wasn’t Kordell. Take the Bus (Jerome Bettis) home, no more soup (XXXVI) for you; one year…NEXT!!!

Go Pats!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top