Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2002 1:08:51 AM EDT
Has anyone ever dealt with these companies? I ordered a alpha flight jacket from them in early December for a Christmas gift. The next business day my credit card was already charged and I received an email stating that since it was the holiday season they couldn't guarantee me I would receive the jacket before Christmas. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery! So I called them to see if it was going to take that long and if so to cancel the order. I spoke w/ a gentlemen at the store who didn't seem to friendly.(i.e. just kind of short w/ me) He said no that's just an auto reply email and that I would probably receive the jacket in the first week in January....and he ramble on that we do a lot of custom embroidering and those customers come first, and I'm thinking well my jacket I ordered is factory so just through it in a box and ship it. Well I receive a email from them about mid January saying were sorry we don't carry the flight jacket in grey please email us and tell us what you want us to do with this order, so I reply Well I never ordered it in Grey I ordered it in Green!!!!!!!! I know for a fact that I didn't put in grey it said on the web page they didn't carry it in grey. Well I've tried calling them numerous times and I only get a answer machine, I've left 2 messages w/ no call back! So do you think I'm screwed? I just tried to access there web page and its down ATT.... [url]http://www.dandfoutfitters.com/[/url]

Oh,and I'm expieriencing the same situation w/ [url]http://www.deptservices.com[/url] I ordered a pair of Hatch gloves about the same day I ordered the jacket or the day before and still no dice on those either. I waited a month an emailed him to find out what the status was w/ my order and he replied w/ 3-4 weeks and I replied an additional 3 to 4 weeks??? He never replied. I've tried calling him numerous times and I only get a answer machine,have left 2 messages w/ no call back as well. Oh, but they charge your credit card that day![:(!]If you don't have something in stock have your web page reflect that. Sorry rant mode off but 2 months on a order is unacceptable! Hell both orders are for winter and by the time they get here (if they do) winter will be over!

I guess that's what I get for trying to save a buck. I went with the cheapest I could find for those products! [:(]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 6:32:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, I've never dealt with them, but you should try Cavpro.com (www.cavpro.com, or www.uscav.com)  I order hatch gloves and got them within a week.  My Nomex hood is on back order, but they emailed me within a day to ask me what I wanted to do.  Great service and fair prices on SOME things.  You have to research the prices or you may get ripped off by them: $109 for a Motorola 250 Talkabout radio, you can get those at most places for $59!
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 10:20:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I've tried calling them numerous times and I only get a answer machine, I've left 2 messages w/ no call back! So do you think I'm screwed?
View Quote

I was waiting until next week for the six-week mark on something I ordered.  I was getting a little worried, but now I feel much better. [rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top