Posted: 1/26/2002 8:21:29 PM EDT
He covers the liberals response to it:

[url]http://www.townhall.com/columnists/ollienorth/on20020125.shtml[/url]
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 9:09:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Great response.  Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 9:20:52 PM EDT
[#2]
It's funny. I don't think that these critics understand that the movie is based on a real event. And they don't understand that their criticism of BHD really slights their good buddy Klinton and his Administration for F-ing up big time. And like a punk, pulling out the military when we get our first bloody nose. The USS Cole, 2 American Embassy bomings and 9-11 is the direct result of turning tail and running.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 9:37:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Ollie's right. Most of the leftist reviews were not favorable. But what the heck, f'em!
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 9:38:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I really get sick of these assholes that put our military down all the time.  Ollie was right on about the critics.  BHD should have been nominated for all kinds of awards.  The strenght of country does not lie with the weak of heart like those Hollywood shit asses. Realism is often the enenmy of the liberals.  They hate it when facts and history knocks them out of la-la land. Like Ollie said "that can't take the truth".

I started a thread yesterday about the ten best movies.  I put Red Dawn on top just to see if anyone would comment on a movie that made heros of us AR-15.com types.  Only one comment.  Someone even submitted a list which had MASH on top.  One of the most anti-military left wing movies ever made.  Those ass holes from Hollywood have the upper hand.  Us Americans are so hoodwinked with the messages from Holywood that we often loose sight of our own values.

Ollie was right and BHD was a great exception to the normal shit out of Hollywood.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 9:41:46 PM EDT
[#5]
i feel the same about the critics. in every review that has had a negative slant, it seems as if the critic is somehow expecting that history shoudl have been rewritten to make ot more entertaining or politically appealing.

the idea that it is based an actual events really does not seem to register to many people. i wonder how many, if any, thought that the "based on actual events" was just part of a fictional story line.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 9:53:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 10:23:19 PM EDT
[#7]
too bad no one on the left will read Oly's review!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top