Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2001 6:16:25 AM EDT
Does anybody else get the NRA magazine called Americas first freedom?  I got my newest issue last night, and there was an article that is scary as hell. Here is my brief summary of the article.  You can also see a video summary at www.nralive.com

Kalifornia passed a law a couple years ago that all semi-auto guns
(handguns, shotguns, riles) that had certain cosmetic features had to be
register by Dec 31, 2000.  Otherwise if it wasnt registered people had to
destroy it, disable it, get rid of it, or give it to the police.

Apparently the list of cosmetic features was very vague; and everybody,cops, attorneys, the atf, don't even know for sure what had to be registered and what didn't.  

So what the attorney general did, without a vote in the legislature or
anything, is after a bunch of people registered their shit, he changed his
mind about what was legal and what was illegal.  So rifles that were legal before as long as they were registered, are now illegal (including over 100
variants of AK's and AR's).  The SKS which the AG said didn't need to be registered, now says that it does have to be registed; but the problem is
that its already past the registration deadline.  People who did register legally have had their weapons confiscated because the gov't changed its
mind about what is legal.  These people havent gotten any form of compensation for the gov't taking their property.  They just got bent over and
Kalifornia rammed it home.  

So not only is everybody confused as hell about whats legal and illegal, the state is changing the rules along the way.  Enforcement of the laws is
handled by the 58 district attorneys, and various police depts.  So depending on where you live you might or might not be safe.  

Am I the only one who considers that a SHTF situation for Kali residents, and the rest of us very soon if we don't do something now?
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 6:31:18 AM EDT
[#1]
You misunderstand.

The SKS problem was with the RR'89 ban, which banned "SKS with detachable magazine."  Later, the SKS "Sporter" shows up, with a detachable magazine.  I asked the guy at Turners WTF was up with that, and he said that they were legal because they had changed something minor (maybe even the name, I don't remember for sure).

Make no mistake, I have an SKS, I don't care for stripper clips, and I wanted one, but common sense warned me not to buy.  So I didn't.  And, I was not surprised when guess what happened - somebody said "Hey! That's a SKS with a detachable mag!" and they were banned.

It may not have been fair, and I don't think that it was, but the idea that it wasn't forseeable is ludicrous.

So much for the SKSs.

As for the rest of your post, which is easily explained legally, I would love to respond, but not 'till you learn to spell.  I don't know what they are teaching you in Moronisota, but California is correctly spelled with a "C".
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 6:46:48 AM EDT
[#2]
No worries, mate! I live in CA and couldn't care less. I bought all of my firearms legally, so the lawmakers can go shove a cinnamon stick up their asses.
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 6:51:35 AM EDT
[#3]
CIBLE - I did not misunderstand anything.  What I said is exactly what the article said.  Now if the information in the article is incorrect of deceptive, then you may be correct.  However the info I posted is the exact same info the NRA printed.

And Kalifornia is spelled with a K.  Only when Kalifornia changes their ways and gets rid of all those communist bastards will Kalifornia be spelled with a C again.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 7:07:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Complete gun bans will occur by inducing more "reasonable gun" laws.  By adding "reasonable laws" you can write off the Bill of Rights without changing anything.
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 8:00:20 AM EDT
[#5]
The best resource right now is the Kalif. DOJ site. and they have no idea what the hell they are doing. I called them and was given the run around concerning the SKS issue. And all AR & AK variants now fall under RR '89 and should have been registerd by 01/23/01. the web site is www.regagun.org. I also have to agree with Bolt Kalif. is screwed! [pissed]
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 8:15:37 AM EDT
[#6]
No worries, mate! I live in CA and couldn't care less. I bought all of my firearms legally, so the lawmakers can go shove a cinnamon stick up their asses.
View Quote
ROTFLMAO, ditto bro, ditto.
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 8:27:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Salt creek & rich314 -

The problem is that the people who are affected by this are law abiding citizens who registered their guns LEGALLY that are having them confiscated.  They made every effort to comply with the law, but then the state changes it and people just like you are hung out to dry...
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 8:41:45 AM EDT
[#8]
My stance may be flawed but it is this; I bought a weapon legally, I filled out the paperwork, sent it in and payed taxes and fee`s.That`s it, simple. I am not a criminal nor do I feel like one. I`ve stated this before but the line is drawn and it`s drawn behind me, cause there is nowhere left to run.
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 8:48:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Top ten list of things most important to kalidiot gun owners:

1. Registering their guns
2. Starbucks
3. Cell phones
4. Pagers
5. Goatees
6. Birkenstocks
7. Tie: Starbucks
       Trying to get Melanoma
8. Monday Night Football
9. Temptation Island
10. Survivor 2

Link Posted: 1/25/2001 8:52:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Imbro. You got one right out of all those. #5, I have a goatee.
I hate coffee esp starbucks cause they give to the anti`s.
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 8:57:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Haseltonk,

Cible is right.  The SKS issue was related to Roberti-Roos '89-90 and under aegis of the last AG.  The AK/AR15 clone registration issue was also under RR '89-90, with a registration deadline of January 23, 2001 under the current AG, based on a lawsuit brought under the old AG.  SB23 went into effect on January 1, 2000 with registration required by December 31, 2000 for the weapons with certain evil features.  

As for the "legally registered" weapons that were lost, The former AG allowed people to register late without penalty.  HCI sued over it and the court ruled that the registrations weren't valid as they missed the deadline and the weapons had to go.  Those who registered late did not "make every effort" to comply with the law which required registration before a specified deadline.  And no weapons were confiscated.  The owners were given the option of turning them in or removing them from the state.

So, not only can you not spell, you cannot read and comprehend.  I suggest you make every effort to dispell the notion that Minnesota schools turn out morons.  You have not done well so far.
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 9:49:33 AM EDT
[#12]
I can read and do not have any problems with comprehension.  Do I really need to post the article verbatim to prove what was said?  Unfortunately the NRA does not have text on their site of the article, only the video I previously mentioned.
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 10:44:20 AM EDT
[#13]
You are confusing different bills. SKS's were taken care of in 89. Confiscations came about in a lawsuite over extending the deadline.  Please be accurate. There is plenty of misinformation on the net without us adding to it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 10:48:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Top ten things most important to California resident bashers:

10. Gossip
9. Masturbation in your parent’s bathroom
8. Breaking your own ‘how many days since I’ve bathed’ record
7. Exuberant with how pasty white your skin has become and how dank your bedroom is
6. Bragging about your airsoft collection
5. Unrelenting fantasies of sex with your father
4. Your dignified stance concerning your unemployment
3. Your dead pillbug collection
2. Your ‘Left hand vs. right hand’ and ‘baby oil vs. lotion' internal struggle
1. You refuse to come to terms with the fact you have no life, so you blame California residents
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 11:05:54 AM EDT
[#15]
OK, I am one of those folks with severe comprehension problem, so tell me this:

were the SKSs with the detachable magazines confiscated or not?

Tx.

Johannes
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 11:28:07 AM EDT
[#16]
No.
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Top ten things most important to California resident bashers:

10. Gossip
9. Masturbation in your parent’s bathroom
8. Breaking your own ‘how many days since I’ve bathed’ record
7. Exuberant with how pasty white your skin has become and how dank your bedroom is
6. Bragging about your airsoft collection
5. Unrelenting fantasies of sex with your father
4. Your dignified stance concerning your unemployment
3. Your dead pillbug collection
2. Your ‘Left hand vs. right hand’ and ‘baby oil vs. lotion' internal struggle
1. You refuse to come to terms with the fact you have no life, so you blame California residents
View Quote
Uh oh is masturbation bad?
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 11:34:07 AM EDT
[#18]
OK, I am one of those folks with severe comprehension problem, so tell me this:

were the SKSs with the detachable magazines confiscated or not?

Tx.

Johannes
View Quote

If you registered late, the DOJ sent you a letter stating that you should do the following;
Render them useless
Surrender them to LEO
Take em out of state.
That is it so far. There have been some yokels that got scared and their SKS' over to the local PD. I have not heard of a door to door collection.

They also instituted a no questions asked buy back, which was pretty much a bust.
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Render
Surrender
Take them out
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 12:58:10 PM EDT
[#20]
California = Worker's Paradise

It's a damn shame too, because I have to go there in a couple of months.  Who knows, it'll probably be real easy to make a nusance of myself like I do every where else. [}:D]
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 2:04:40 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll tell ya,  I'm going to be paying attention to things happening in NC because I feel sorry for you guys in CA.  Those gun laws you guys have to put up with are a joke.  I will fight it the best I can in NC.
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 2:16:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Hazelton[b]c[/b];

It is possible that you have correctly represented the article, but I'm willing to bet that you made a mistake, and not the NRA mag.  Judging from your post and replies, you still don't understand.

F'rinstance, there are two different gun bans....

Have fun in Moronisota.
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 2:32:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Yo Salt Creek, You forgot one.
11. Secretly yearning for the day they can move to "The Castro" and become one with their boys.
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 2:37:11 PM EDT
[#24]
kalifornia politicians      [spank]
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 3:33:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Let's get a little help from Merriam Webster.

Confiscate:

1 : appropriated by the government : FORFEITED
2 : deprived of property by confiscation

Forfeit:

1 : to lose or lose the right to by some error, offense, or crime
2 : to subject to confiscation as a forfeit

So, while people may still have posession of their SKSs, they have "lost their right to" own them.

The word confiscation would seem to apply.
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 3:49:26 PM EDT
[#26]
It would seem to me there are two types of confiscation.

1. government order that a citizen willingly complies with

2. government order that a citizen unwillingly complies with (forced)

The KA comrades er uh politicians are hoping for #1 as #2 could get messy.

And yes if I live in the state of misery then you can live in kaliforinia.
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 4:32:48 PM EDT
[#27]
after readin this i am really depressed---my son just moved to kalifornia.  oops...i forgot he just joined the marine corps and will be in san diego, pendeleton and twenty-nine palms so i guess he will be ok.
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 4:37:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Hey E-Bird!

While enjoying the comforts of Marine Corps life, your son will get to play with many toys that make very loud and repetitive noise.  What school is he expecting to go to at Stumps?  (That's 29 Palms to those who might be confused)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top