Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2002 1:43:34 PM EDT
What are your thoughts about a patron saint for handgunners?
Do you feel it would be helpful or harmful to have a historical religious figure associated with the ownership, use and carry of handguns?
Other thoughts?
[url]http://www.possentisociety.com/[/url]

edited to add link
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 1:48:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh Yaweh!  Another religious thread?!?!?!?[soapbox][argue]
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 10:42:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Man saves village with handgun and lizard.  Sounds like a much more positive role model for handgun owners than the average Hollywood fare.  Count me in.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 11:11:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I think we also need a few automotive-related saints. Here are a few potential  candidates:

1. Saint Octane: The patron saint of acceleration (Common prayer heard on freeway entrance ramps: "Saint Octane, don't fail us now!")

2. Saint Freon: The patron saint of refrigeration (very popular in the South!)

3. Saint Saganaw: The patron saint of good handling.

4. Saint Trico: The patron saint of good poor-weather visability.

5. Saint Lucas: The patron saint of unreliable foreign car electrical systems.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 4:29:39 AM EDT
[#4]
As I understand it there are already many patron saints of various occupations / vocations.  I found the thought of a patron saint for handgunners interesting.  I wondered what the perception of others would be.  Oh, I'm not Catholic BTW.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 4:37:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought Lucas was already the "Prince of Darkness."  

Why do the Brit's like warm beer?  They have Lucas refrigerators.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 4:39:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Let's just say that we all 'worship' at St. Possenti's shrine every time we go to a gun show!

Eric The(Relapsed)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 2:42:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Personally, I have no problem with it. The thought of a plastic Saint statue on my dash with a lizard and a pistol cracks me  up. Not to mention how the telling of some poor ignorant soul about it would make my day![}:D]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#8]
heck yea !!!!!! im all for it
thats one dash board icon that should be a must have for any dyciple of the gun.

You could then tell an anti. "I will pray to St. Gabriel Possenti that you may someday understand".

Hey i could have a St. Gabriel Possenti mural painted on my tailgate . just like the gansta's do on their low riders [;)]

COUNT ME IN for a yes vote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top