Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2002 11:15:31 AM EDT
Went in this morning just after opening.  Lots of people, lots of great stuff to buy.  Its a nice sunny day and folks seem cheerful, great day to buy a gun.  Overall the show seems as big as or bigger than the Raleigh gun show.

Price impressions:
- most everything was about what you'd expect, few good deals, mostly average
- Oly arms stripped lowers for $150
- uppers w/o b,bc+ch from $290 and up
- nice AR 30 rnd mags $20-25, good $15+
- 7.62x39 is back down to ~$80/1000
- lots of SA 5.56 300 rnd battlepacks for ~$40
- Glocks ~$500, Sigs about the same, lots of 1911's + the usual junk

Seemed to me to be more militaria and fun guns than hunting longarms (this could just be my impression because I don't pay much attention to the hunting stuff.)

Big crowds around the handgun dealers tables; there were four or five dealers that seemed to be doing great business.

There were three or four dealers that had sizable tables of black rifle stuff.

I was on the hunt for more AR mags for myself and a friend.  I walked by one table where a guy had 4 GI 30 rounders for $10 each.  They looked like good shooters, so I snatched them all up.  The guy looked a little surprised that I bought them all.  Scoured the rest of the floor for good deals.  One dealer had a rubbermade tub full of AR 30 rnd mags for $12 each, so I headed back later and picked five good ones.  (Doncha love how you can hand folks the cash and there's no messing with sales tax?)

On the way out I went by that first table, and the guy had put four more of the same grade mags out, but this time for $15 each!

I was happy about the show, because I buy guns butt-backwards.  I impulsively buy, then go to the gun show to see if I got a good deal.  So I went around looking at prices and handling a lot of handguns (my latest purchase) and came to the conclusion that I got a good deal on a gun that feels good in my hand and suits my purpose (I just didn't buy it at the show!)

All in all, well worth $6 admission and $3 parking...

One last note:  What could possibly motivate a guy to bring a FEW over-priced guns to a show, rent a table, and sit there for hours with no-one looking at his stuff?  I'm thinking of one "dealer" that had about 3 tables, with maybe 3 handguns and four rifles, with lots of empty space between them.  He had a Rock River AR on the table for $950!  Why do they bother?

{edited for typos}
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 11:22:25 AM EDT
[#1]
is that show gonna last till tommorrow? [}:D]
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 3:47:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Where did all those school buses come from.....
I was all primed for the show cept I bought a complete A3+ a striped lower on friday so I was bucks down......I looked around the guy I went with bought a walther 40 cal..490.00 1 row over dealer has same gun 610.00+tax but we just laughed....but I spot a a2 buttstock so just for kicks I ask the price 30.00 so I wiped the smile of my face and paid him(stock was a new take off minus spacer and screw)picked that up for 6.00 grabed a few springs and a charge handle for 25.00 total....I love gun shows
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like I need to head up that way for the next one. The shows in Spartanburg and Greenville, SC aren't worth a sh*t.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top