Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2002 11:20:49 AM EDT
[img]http://story.news.yahoo.com/p/rids/20020125/i/1208459378.jpg[/img]

Bush seen walking towards AF1, as reported on Drudge.

[url]http://www.drudgereport.com/[/url]

Can't wait to hear them squeal about this one.

I DOUBT it was coincidence Bush had that for all teh world to see. Like I say, I don't beleive in coincidence.

[}:D]

Link Posted: 1/25/2002 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#1]
How often do you see the President carrying his own things?  In my entire life, I can only remember a few.  I remember Ike carrying his own briefcase, but that's about it.  It almost has to be intentional.z
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#2]

[b]SUCKIT DANNYBOY!!![/B][:D]

[b]IN YOUR FACE!!![/B][:D]

You Gotta love W!

Link Posted: 1/25/2002 11:32:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 12:06:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Wouldn't you just know it... THEY JUST DON'T GET IT!

The Reuters news story, [url=http://dailynews.yahoo.com/htx/nm/20020125/sp/bush_book_dc_1.html]"Bush Reads Up on Media Bias"[/url] ends with the following subtle biased statement:

"[i]The Goldberg book, in which the former CBS correspondent charged that the network where he worked for 28 years as well as other news organizations suffer from an unconscious liberal bias, [b]has made it onto[/b] the New York Times bestseller list.[/i]"

Uh, no, not quite, in fact it is [b][u]NUMBER 1[/u][/b] on the NYT Best-Seller list!

Reuters makes it sound like it just scraped by and is not really worthy of being on the lofty NYT Best-Seller list!

THEY JUST DON'T GET IT!
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 12:09:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I listen to Bush and I agree, he does talk a good talk.  I just don't know if he is just telling people what they want to hear because he's a politician, or if it is truly genuine.  Even if it is genuine, he has a lot of work to do to overcome what has been done to our government--there are so many entrenched leftist bureaucrats at every level of the system, it might take 20 years to set everything straight.  

So far he has given a much needed tax cut and begun to try to fix Social Security and has even spoken of a flat income tax.  At least he must be thinking about those things.  

His suggested defense budget is too much to swallow, however.  The CIA alone had something like $3.3B in its budget *before* 9/11. You'd think with resources like that you could manage to gather some competent intelligence.  I think at the very least, homeland security and "defense" should be one and the same, not separate issues as they are being played up to be right now.  Otherwise, we're just the Roman Empire all over again.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 12:22:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I listen to Bush and I agree, he does talk a good talk.  I just don't know if he is just telling people what they want to hear because he's a politician, or if it is truly genuine.
View Quote

Even if it is genuine, he has a lot of work to do to overcome what has been done to our government--there are so many entrenched leftist bureaucrats at every level of the system, it might take 20 years to set everything straight.  

View Quote

I'm gonna try to do this sans flames.

But i just don't understand this attitude.

First, The very fact that he is SAYING what he is saying is endangering his political future. Now, he can go berserko and say he's for negating all gun control laws, and fall on his sword and COMPLETELY destroy any chance of doing anything good ever, or he can take the slower route, and nibble away at bad laws.

Second, yes there IS alot of work to do to overcome all teh bad laws. And if he is not successful at getting it ALL done, then he will be considered a failure by some, or not a true freind????

I just don't understabd this mentality that says, either bush undoes 70 years of bad gun laws within the next week, or I'll stab him too like the Democrats do.

I don't get it.

Carrying that book the way he did is SPITTING IN THE FACE of Dan rather. yet, that's not good enuf for some people????

[rolleyes]

Link Posted: 1/25/2002 12:31:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Amen Garandman! You hit the primer dead center!
God Bless Dubya!
[peep]
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 12:32:42 PM EDT
[#8]
George Bush is awesome.  Thats all I got to say.

He talks the talk and walks the walk.

Benjamin
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 12:57:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
God Bless Dubya!
[peep]
View Quote

I swear -

the Libertarians only REAL problem with Dubya is that he isn't an official Libertarian candidate.

Link Posted: 1/25/2002 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Carrying that book the way he did is SPITTING IN THE FACE of Dan rather. yet, that's not good enuf for some people????
View Quote

10% are ALWAYS against him (see post 9-11 polls)
20% are usually against him (Democ[b]rat[/b]s)
25% are sometimes against him (moderate Dems)
25% are sometimes with him (Republicans)
20% are usually with him (moderate Reps)
Only 1 person is ALWAYS with him [;)]

Which crowd do you think trickshot is in?

Link Posted: 1/25/2002 2:53:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
God Bless Dubya!
[peep]
View Quote

I swear -

the Libertarians only REAL problem with Dubya is that he isn't an official Libertarian candidate.

View Quote

[:\]really? not this nonsense again.

Lib
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 3:11:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Carrying that book the way he did is SPITTING IN THE FACE of Dan rather. yet, that's not good enuf for some people???

View Quote

This is the coolest damn thing I have ever seen a President do. [:D]
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 3:20:48 PM EDT
[#13]
The most reassuring thing about W is the way he speaks. He is not a gifted orator. He speaks just like the rest of us. He gets a little flustered sometimes. He doesn't always have the right word. But he says what he means and means what he says. I'll take that over self aggrandizing semantic gymnastics anyday.

I'm gonna have a T-shirt made with that picture on it!
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 3:23:15 PM EDT
[#14]
My guess is this is a silent retort at the media for having a hissey fit over the poor, mistreated, tortured, taliban al qaeda terrorist murdering filthy scum's travails at Gitmo. I also do not believe in coincidence, at least not in the political realm. I must agree with trickshot on one point though- why the hell do we need a "homeland security office"? By definition is that not the job of the Dept. of Defense?
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 3:26:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
His suggested defense budget is too much to swallow, however.  The CIA alone had something like $3.3B in its budget *before* 9/11. You'd think with resources like that you could manage to gather some competent intelligence.
View Quote

Some people just amaze me.  One of the main functions of the Federal government, per the Founding Fathers, is to provide national defense, not education or welfare.  Why do some people always bitch about the defense budget.  I would rather spend it all on that than deadbeats who won't get a job and think they are entitled to "money for nothing".  Should we become a weak, defenseless nation?

As for the CIA, you can thank your boy Bill for that.  He placed so many restrictions on who they could deal with and basically stripped them to nothing, that W. could not restore them in the 8 months leading up to 9/11.  Stop whining your radical nonsense and think.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 3:44:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
As for the CIA, you can thank your boy Bill for that.  He placed so many restrictions on who they could deal with and basically stripped them to nothing, that W. could not restore them in the 8 months leading up to 9/11.  
View Quote

Larry, I completely agree whith what you're saying, but as bad as Klintoon was, the problems with our international intelligence go back much further than that. Carter was the one who instituted the moratorium on hiring intel sources that were human rights violators, wasn't he? And the no assaination clause? (even if I kina agree with that last one)
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
As for the CIA, you can thank your boy Bill for that.  He placed so many restrictions on who they could deal with and basically stripped them to nothing, that W. could not restore them in the 8 months leading up to 9/11.  
View Quote

Larry, I completely agree whith what you're saying, but as bad as Klintoon was, the problems with our international intelligence go back much further than that. Carter was the one who instituted the moratorium on hiring intel sources that were human rights violators, wasn't he? And the no assaination clause? (even if I kina agree with that last one)
View Quote
I stand corrected.  As for assassinations, I see no problem with some scum outside our on borders.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 4:20:55 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't agree with a modest amount of the stuff he wants done, or on some of his positions...but, he is definately a breath of fresh air.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 4:21:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
As for assassinations, I see no problem with some scum outside our on borders.
View Quote

I know what you mean... I feel the same way.

BUT... you've got to look at it another way; How would we look in the world community if we had policy that basically gave us the ability to say "we don't like the way you run your country, so we're going to kill and replace you with someone we DO like." - to other soverign nations?

Granted, this kind of thing would help in certain instances (Saddam Hussein comes to mind), but I think that no respectable first world country can be respected if they asassinate leaders they don't agree with.

That's not to say we couldn't asassinate a leader in time of war, that is something different. And lower end people, like UBL and mullah omar are not leaders in any official sense and so are not protected.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 4:42:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Go get em' W
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 5:25:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
25% are sometimes against him (moderate Dems)
25% are sometimes with him (Republicans)
View Quote

I don't mean to offend, but is the glass half full or half empty?
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 7:08:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Just finished reading "Bias"; What an eye-opener. Bernie Goldberg really tells it like it is in the mainstream newsmedia. He finally reveals what we all knew was true all along about the liberal bias of Dan, Tom, and Pete. They are so influenced by their snivveling liberal buddies at the NY Times and Washington Post that they actually believe that they are "moderates" and anyone who disagrees with them are right-wing nuts (read anyone who is pro-gun among any other conservative beliefs.) If you haven't read it yet, get a hold of a copy. It's a quick read; took me one day. Plus it gives us plenty of ammo next time we run into some liberal puke who just doesn't get it. Go George W.!
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#23]
I need to read "Bias".

One good book I recently finished is "Absolute Power" by David Limbaugh (Rush' brother). Its about the "Legacy of corruption in the Clinton-Reno Justice Department"....worth reading if you are so inclined.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 9:32:29 PM EDT
[#24]
If you have not read "Bias," you should.  It is pretty short and only takes a few hours to read, but it will really open your eyes.  We all know the media is liberal, but this guy has an interesting take on how and why the news is spun.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 9:37:07 PM EDT
[#25]

[b]Is it just me or is anyone else starting to hear a steel "clank" sound when W walks?[/b] [:D]

Link Posted: 1/25/2002 10:25:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The CIA alone had something like $3.3B in its budget *before* 9/11.
View Quote

You missed a decimal point :)

You'd think with resources like that you could manage to gather some competent intelligence.
View Quote

You'd think that with the amount of money we put into education we wouldn't be graduating (even matriculating) so many functionally illiterate kids, as well.

I think at the very least, homeland security and "defense" should be one and the same, not separate issues as they are being played up to be right now.  Otherwise, we're just the Roman Empire all over again.
View Quote

We are the Roman Empire, in oh so many ways...
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 5:11:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

...I think that no respectable first world country can be respected if they asassinate leaders they don't agree with.
View Quote

Personally, I don't [b]want[/b] most of the other nations to respect us - I want them to [b]fear[/b] us.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 5:20:39 AM EDT
[#28]
George W. is [b]the man[/b]. He's as different from the previous occupant as night is from day!

We can either believe that it was an accident that Pres. Bush was carrying that book the way he was, or that it was designed to be a subtle reply to his media critics.

Either way works for me!

What matters is that [b][i]Bias[/i][/b] has now been given the 'George W.' award for good reading, and the American People will want to read what the President is reading.

So much for Ophra, et nauseum.

Eric The(Anti-Ophra)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 5:36:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

[b]Is it just me or is anyone else starting to hear a steel "clank" sound when W walks?[/b] [:D]
View Quote

[blue]I got spurs that jingle jangle jingle.[/blue]

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 7:08:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Yeah, Klinton would've surrendured 10 minutes after the attacks and ALGORE would've halted all cleanup at the WTC site "until the environmental hazzards have been sthuddied.' (edited for the lisp)
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 7:11:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Klinton and ALGORE, what a team. Who said vaudville was dead.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 7:29:34 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm impressed.  And after the election night coverage and media circus in Florida, if anyone has been damaged by that bias, it is GWB.

I'd REALLY like to see him strolling out with a copy of "Unintended Consequences."  

Now that would get some panties into a bunch!
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 7:41:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I don't agree with a modest amount of the stuff he wants done, or on some of his positions...but, he is definately a breath of fresh air.
View Quote

I don't agree with every thing he wants and all of his stated positions either, but da** sure with more of them than any other president in my lifetime!  
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 8:39:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
[As for the CIA, you can thank your boy Bill for that.  He placed so many restrictions on who they could deal with and basically stripped them to nothing, that W. could not restore them in the 8 months leading up to 9/11.  Stop whining your radical nonsense and think.
View Quote

I think pre-9/11/02 the CIA was studying such innocuous subjects as global warming and greenhouse gases or some such BS. Now post-9/11/02 the CIA will be brought back into its former grandeur.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top