Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2002 10:38:38 AM EDT
[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20020124/od/bird_dc_2.html[/url]

While it is regrettable that a bird died as a result of being hit by a tennis ball, I think thre reaction is a bit too severe.

Maybe we should ban tennnis - for the children's sake...

Link Posted: 1/25/2002 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#1]
None can match the grill of my car though....
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 11:20:34 AM EDT
[#2]
PLAYED ON Llodra [red]bravely played on[/red], ignoring the agony and tormet of his grief, as he and Santoro sealed a hard-fought 6-3, 3-6, 12-10 win to book a place in the final.
View Quote

Are you f**king kidding me!?!
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 11:21:26 AM EDT
[#3]

[url]http://www.accuratereloading.com/bbskeet.mpg[/url]

Link Posted: 1/25/2002 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey, WTF!?!?

CNBC just said the [b]boid[/b] was stunned, but made a full recovery![BD]
[>(][>Q][>(][>Q][>(][>Q]
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 11:42:22 AM EDT
[#5]
This was a touching story... I almost cried.

And then I read this:

Perhaps the most famous was a sparrow killed by a quick delivery by Jehangir Khan, of Cambridge University, to T.N. Pearce, playing for the Marylebone Cricket Club in July 1936.

The bird died instantly but his memory lives on because they stuffed him and put him on display in the museum at Lord's.
View Quote

Then I became frightened. If someone dies during a Cricket match are they stuffed and put on display?

Av.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 11:45:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Who cares tennis players are gay anyways... [:D]

If I were to feel sorry for any bird, it would be the one that got NAILED by a Randy Johnson fastball! Now that had to hurt! [shock]

-Jared
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 11:47:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Ban tennis - for the birds.

For teh birds  - that pretty much describes the Democraps.

Link Posted: 1/25/2002 12:06:10 PM EDT
[#8]
What kind of a homo is the writer?  So is this a national day of mourning for the people of Australia?  I hope the rest of the country isn't a bunch of pussies!

I just hope they show it on Sportscenter.  The one of Randy Johnson nailing that bird with his fast ball was awesome!
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 12:44:38 PM EDT
[#9]
"I didn't do it deliberately," Llodra explained later. "But at least I saved the moth."
View Quote
I thought that was hilarious.  I also think the headline writer has a great sense of humor.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 1:00:44 PM EDT
[#10]
NOTHING can compare to the video of Randy Johnson hitting that dove with a 98mph fastball.

[url]http://www.ifilm.com/ifilm/product/film_info/0,3699,1114935,00.html[/url]

[rail]

Link Posted: 1/25/2002 2:43:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I laughed my ass off at the Randy Johnson strike when I saw it on film.  If I was at Melbourne, I'd laugh my ass off there too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 2:58:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If I were to feel sorry for any bird, it would be the one that got NAILED by a Randy Johnson fastball! Now that had to hurt! [shock]

-Jared
View Quote

How about the golfball at tee off.

That [b]had[/b] to leave a mark! [B]POOF[/B] [:D]
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#13]
My 73 Mach One was great for getting rid of birds. Low to the ground, and then when you would hit  a bid doing 75 or 80 you could count the seconds until you saw them fall in the rear view mirror.  That was a great car wish I still had it.  Oh yeah, a bird  is a flying prairie dog ain't it??
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 3:14:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

-Jared
View Quote

Man, if that was me that hit that bird, PETA would have been all over me, [b]CAUSE I WOULD HAVE LAUGHED MY ASS OFF!!!![/b]
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 3:35:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Aw jees, now I'm gettin' a little misty.....

[whacko][whacko][whacko][whacko][whacko][whacko]
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 3:50:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Where do I send the flowers to?  I will have to take up a collection at work for this tragic event.  Also, will the Tennis foundations pay for counseling "for the spectators" in this most difficult time.  Wait, I feel a tear falling down my face

[b]NOT !!![/b]
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 3:51:53 PM EDT
[#17]
He threw down his racket and dashed over to where the bird lay, hoping for a miracle, but he was too late, so he fell to his knees, crossed himself and delivered the last rites.
View Quote

I'm moving to the hills and waiting for the end to come.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#18]
BBWWWAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
[WHACKO][WHACKO]
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 4:17:17 PM EDT
[#19]
We need a pic of a smilie face laughing.  When I got to the part that said "the bird dropped like a rock", I lost it!!![grenade]
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 4:23:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

-Jared
View Quote
Yeah , What he said! Now thats nailing a bird! I wonder is he had a valid bird stamp on him!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top