Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2001 10:42:02 AM EDT
Colt  07000D Defender Ltwgt Ser 90 / Alloy, Stainless St  Pistol  3"  .45 ACP

Colt  04012XS Combat Commander / Stainless Steel (brushe  Pistol  4.25"  .45 ACP  
Colt  01091 M1991A1 Ser 80 / Stainless Steel (matte)  Pistol  5"  .45 ACP

Colt  01991 M1991A1 Ser 80 / Steel (matte blue)  Pistol  5"  .45 ACP  
Colt  02570E Govt Model Mark IV Ser 80 / Steel (blue)  Pistol  5"  .38 Super

Colt  MM3060 Anaconda / Stainless Steel  Revolver  6"  .44 Magnum  
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 11:38:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Might be mistaken, but I thought Colt quit selling to the commercial market, and was only selling to LEOs and the Government.

No .38/357 wheel gun listed yet?
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 12:01:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Might be mistaken, but I thought Colt quit selling to the commercial market, and was only selling to LEOs and the Government.

No .38/357 wheel gun listed yet?
View Quote

Obviously not since they submitted these guns for testing and passed. It does not make sense why would Colt spend money for their guns to be tested if they stopped civilian sales since LEOs & Government are not affected by SB15.  

From what I've heard they just slowed down production due to their M4 contract.

A. Reyes

Link Posted: 3/15/2001 12:06:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Colt is going back into limited production including the guns listed above.  It also is bringing the python back and it is slated before the annaconda.  Don't know why it is not on the list
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 5:16:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I will be buying the govt model in 38 super when avail but noticed the smaller models are all stainless.
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 5:40:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Chaingun, you are/were mistaken. As part of their restructuring and cost control efforts, Colt discontinued some of their less profitable models. Because their military production takes priority over their civilian production, it is a common assumption that Colt is no longer serving the civilian markets when their products become scarce. I think a good deal of the scare comes from dealers themselves trying to get higher prices of those "Dicontinued, get 'em while you can, Colts".

The only one of those models that may have been taken out of production is the Anaconda revolver. Either way, whether it was or not, I'm glad to hear they are still available. The return of the legendary Python is good news as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top