Posted: 1/25/2002 7:00:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 7:14:58 AM EDT
[#1]
ACLU = SUCKS!  SATAN = SUCKS!

ACLU = SATAN

Does this story make more sense now?
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 7:22:52 AM EDT
[#2]
hee's another colossal waste of effort. I'd very much like to know how Inglis, Fl. plans to enforce its little proclamation.

cop at town limit: "i'm sorry, mr. satan, you can't come in, you'll just have to turn your cadillac around and go away. have a nice day!".

prince of darkness: "oh, ok, officer. thanks!"
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 7:25:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
hee's another colossal waste of effort. I'd very much like to know how Inglis, Fl. plans to enforce its little proclamation.

cop at town limit: "i'm sorry, mr. satan, you can't come in, you'll just have to turn your cadillac around and go away. have a nice day!".

prince of darkness: "oh, ok, officer. thanks!"
View Quote

Satan, by definition, would drive a foreign, NOT American, car.

Link Posted: 1/25/2002 7:25:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Why a sandbagged foxhole?  This won't be much of a fight.  Mayor Carolyn Risher is an idiot if she thinks she has the right to specify what religions are allowed in her town.  Talk about a liberal freak.  This "it doesn't seem right, so it's got to be wrong, so we got to outlaw it, it's for the children" crap is getting old.  It's good to see the ACLU take-up the cause.  If this type of disregard for the constitution by a mayor spreads, we'll end-up with more cities like the no-handgun Chicago.z
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 7:32:28 AM EDT
[#5]
hey, speaking of the ACLU, did anyone hear about how they're bitchin about blackhawk down being too racist?
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 7:32:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Satan, by definition, would drive a foreign, NOT American, car.

View Quote

i envisioned mr. D. in a pink late '50s convertible gas-guzzler with a couple of scantily clad bimbos in the back seat, all feather boas and cigarette holders. a real popular guy at a party, but not nice to be around when he's on the job. i'll assume you know him better than i do. [:)]
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 7:59:31 AM EDT
[#7]
file a lawsuit on Satan's behalf
View Quote

Hawkeye1, your logic is flawed.  Are you really claiming that the ACLU is satanic?  They're fighting for freedom of religion.  That is a good and honorable cause.z
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 8:00:15 AM EDT
[#8]
[img]http://www.southparkmovie.com/img/dd.desk.satan.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.southparkmovie.com/img/dd.gallery.saddam.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 8:10:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 8:20:42 AM EDT
[#10]
And I'm sure that this town has a BIG problem with Satan running around and causing trouble, hence the ban[rolleyes].
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 8:58:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Isn't our country founded on the fundamental notion of religious freedom?

How about those who worship satan? Shouldn't they be welcomed with the same open arms of tolerance that greet other religions in our country? If it's a freedom for you, then it's a freedom for everyone. I choose to strive for freedom FROM religion, and that's my right as well.

Personally, I think it's moronic to post anti-satan anything. Might as well hang strings of garlic and viles of holy water to keep vampires out as well. Don't they have anything better to do with tax payer money and/or their time?
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 9:06:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Funny, I thought after 8 years of trying to ruin the country that Satan had opened an office in Harlem?  Guess he just needs to get away to a warmer climate from time to time.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 9:10:40 AM EDT
[#13]

I would be very mucho interested in actually "[b]reading[/b]" the proclamation first, before I form an opinion on whether it is "intolerant" or unconstitutional.

Link Posted: 1/25/2002 9:13:02 AM EDT
[#14]
The ACLU is right, why should that town pick on Satan, what did he ever do to them?

hehehehe
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 9:15:45 AM EDT
[#15]
"ATTENTION! Would the owner of the black Cadillac limousine, with the licence plate number "666", please move your vehicle? You're blocking the Popemobile. Thank you." [:D]
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 9:18:09 AM EDT
[#16]
The way teh papers report it, the mayor sure sounds silly. Given the medias tendancy to slant things to the left, I'll reserve final judgment of the mayors actions.

That said....

The ACLU defending religious liberty?>???

PLEASE.

The ACLU fights ONLY for anti-Christian religion, and against Christian religion.

Should be named....

[size=6]A[/size=6]merican

[size=6]C[/size=6]hristian

[size=6]L[/size=6]ynching

[size=6]U[/size=6]nion

Link Posted: 1/25/2002 9:23:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 12:00:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Garandman nailed it as usual.  And if half the things I have heard about this Satan are true, than he is worse than Osama and the Brady Campaign all rolled into one!
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Cool.. maybe it's just me and the endorphins running through my body but it's hard to glean any info from the story.  Sounds good to me though.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 1:32:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
i envisioned mr. D. in a pink late '50s convertible gas-guzzler with a couple of scantily clad bimbos in the back seat, all feather boas and cigarette holders. a real popular guy at a party, but not nice to be around when he's on the job. i'll assume you know him better than i do. [:)]
View Quote

Sounds like Hunter S. Thompson to me.
View Quote

one of his many incarnations, no doubt.
anyone seen shiva the destroyer lately?
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 3:38:50 PM EDT
[#21]
I wonder what the ACLU's response would have been had a Satan-Worshiping mayor banned Christians.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 3:47:03 PM EDT
[#22]
There is a mistake in this thought:

i envisioned mr. D. in a pink late '50s convertible gas-guzzler with a couple of scantily clad bimbos in the back seat, all feather boas and cigarette holders. a real popular guy at a party, but not nice to be around when he's on the job. i'll assume you know him better than i do.
At least one female would be wearing a skimpy leather outfit and 5 inch heels......

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top