Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2001 10:09:57 AM EDT
Man Shot Dead As Bulletproof Magic Fails
Updated: Thu, Mar 15 12:18 PM EST

ACCRA (Reuters) - A Ghanaian man was shot dead by a fellow villager while testing a magic spell designed to make him bulletproof, the official Ghana News Agency reported.
Aleobiga Aberima, 23, and around 15 other men from Lambu village, northeast Ghana, had asked a jujuman, or witchdoctor, to make them invincible to bullets.

After smearing his body with a concoction of herbs every day for two weeks, Aberima volunteered to be shot to check if the spell had worked.

One of the others fetched a rifle and shot Aberima who died instantly from a single bullet.

Angry Lambu residents seized the jujuman and beat him severely until a village elder rescued him, the Wednesday report added.

Tribal clashes are common in Ghana's far north, where people often resort to witchcraft in the hope of becoming invulnerable to bullets, swords and arrows.
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 10:12:50 AM EDT
[#1]
This is a Darwin candidate if I've ever seen one.
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 10:23:38 AM EDT
[#2]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA   Let them use this method and I'll use a method approved by the DoD.   I love these guys.  Last year they arrested a witch doctor for turning a school boy into a sweet potato.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 10:31:17 AM EDT
[#3]
This is not the first time this has happened.
There was a case like this less than a year ago.
I think I would have tested the witchdoctors
juju on a pig or something. If they had a full
auto the Chiefs whole army could have been
wiped out.
Let this be a lesson to you out there. When
it comes to testing juju the Chief goes first,
at all times!
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 10:47:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
....I love these guys.  Last year they arrested a witch doctor for turning a school boy into a sweet potato.  
View Quote

That's hilarious!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I would have seen how confident the witch doctor was in his powers buy trying it out on him first!
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 12:47:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I think we ought to get some of these jujumen to protect all the liberals here in America.

Maybe Ghana needs to license all jujumen and register all their magic spells and potions to protect the children.
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 12:53:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Guess I need to find a new doctor.
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 12:57:41 PM EDT
[#8]
How about Darwin Awards

ALL_TIME CHAMPION?!?!?! [rail]

LOL
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 1:15:02 PM EDT
[#9]
That's  bad  Juju;)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top