Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2001 8:29:32 AM EDT
Has anyone heard of essential arms, and what is their reputation for quality?
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 8:35:50 AM EDT
[#1]
My .223 cents...

I have a preban EA lower with a colt 9mm upper.  And I have a Full Auto EA lower with a M4 upper.   They look and work just like my colt lowers.    

The only thing I dislike, is the tolerance in the magazine area.   Most like Bushmaster and Colt are around .930"  whereas the EA's are around .905.    I've had one USGI magazine rub a little and I couldn't get in a 9mm tacblock in.  I had to file the tacblock down to fit it in my M16.

Result.  Thumbs up. or AR15 up. [^]

Link Posted: 3/15/2001 9:17:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Had a few Essential Arms lower guns, they all worked fine. Basically, as long as it is milspec, a lower is a lower is a lower.  If it aint milspec, then you got problems. AFAIK, all EA lowers were milspec.
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 9:26:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I've heard Essential Arms lowers are cast, not forged.  Is this a problem with long term durability?  

Bud
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 9:55:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've heard Essential Arms lowers are cast, not forged.  Is this a problem with long term durability?  
View Quote

No.  Shooting an AR puts very very little stress on the lower.
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 7:31:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Where are they out of, and how much do their lowers cost?
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 7:48:15 PM EDT
[#6]
SS109, Essential Arms went out of business in 1993...I believe they were bought out by DPMS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top