Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2002 4:53:10 PM EDT
I am not buying it.  My brother has it and is going to send it to me.  Can we ship it through fedex or ups?  Or the USPS?  What is the best way?
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 4:55:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 4:57:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Handgun
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 5:08:04 PM EDT
[#3]
FedEx.  UPS is cheaper but may lose it and USPS (with a few exceptions) won’t accept it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 9:13:25 PM EDT
[#4]
In the back of your brothers car.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 9:16:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 9:22:02 PM EDT
[#6]
UPS will drop it a few hundred times.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 9:30:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Given the cost of gas , I would drive it there myself , I aways carry everything with me when I visit my father in OH . It seems we always end up having a family swap meet .... oh yeah I'm rambling again ...
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 9:33:32 PM EDT
[#8]
UPS sucks ass, they can't even deliver a CD-RW to my house without losing it.  I called the customer service center and she said to have a trace put on it.  

I say, "so you guy's lost it right"?

CSRep- "We don't know that sir."

I say, "well if it ain't there then you guy's lost it".

CSRep- "We don't know that sir."

I say, "we'll just consider it lost since you can't seem to locate it".

Who are these people?  What a bunch of morons.

And a firearm that went three-day select took two weeks.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 9:34:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Legally it has to go thru a FFL.If you send it UPS it has to go overnight and you have to use one of their hubs.You can't drop it off at collection point.If you do and it gets lost they wont cover it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 9:37:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Crappy, you are going from KS to OH ?

You would travel through KS, MO, IL, IN, and OH ? Then, the best method is to secure it in your trunk as per Title 18 Chapter 44 Section 926A or the FOPA.

Lock it in a case and ammo. in a seperate case. You can get a pistol case for next to nothing (a few bucks) at Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 9:39:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Armalite, I think he is saying that it is his gun and his brother borrowed it. He isn't buying it. So, since it is his gun he should be able to get it back directly unless there is an intervening OH or KS law.

Quoted:
Legally it has to go thru a FFL.If you send it UPS it has to go overnight and you have to use one of their hubs.You can't drop it off at collection point.If you do and it gets lost they wont cover it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 9:45:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Unless its coming back from a gunsmith or manufactor[replace or fix] it has to to a FFL.It doesnt matter if he owns it.At least thats my understanding
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top