Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2002 8:05:53 AM EDT
I had to share this:

Ive been after buying my Dad's mint SP1 for ahwile.  I called him last night about something unrelated and the topic came up. "Wait, is this why your calling?" he asked. [:D]
Anyway, he will trade me even up for a quality 20" A2. Im working on saving up for a post-ban Colt for the trade. He bought the SP1 in 1978 for a few hundred bucks.  It is in 95%+ condition and has less than 1000 rnds through it.  It comes with the Colt 4x scope w/quick de-tach mount and 3 bayonetts.  

I want the preban lower receiver for the ever-so-popular M4gery however, I doubt I'll be able to take it apart. It would have to remain intact.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 8:08:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Pictures??? gimme gimme gimme...
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 8:13:30 AM EDT
[#2]
IMHO, you'll make a wise choice by leaving it as it is. Odds are that it has the large pivot hole and you'd wind up having to use an offset pin for your M4gery. For that, your best bet is to find a preban blue label Colt lower. They have the small pin.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 8:15:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry, don't have any pics at the moment....

I will try to have him get some pics scanned and emailed to me.

Damn, If I knew he was gonna offer this trade I would not have ordered that AR-10T last week.......I'm broke! [>Q] [>(]
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 8:23:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
IMHO, you'll make a wise choice by leaving it as it is. Odds are that it has the large pivot hole and you'd wind up having to use an offset pin for your M4gery. For that, your best bet is to find a preban blue label Colt lower. They have the small pin.
View Quote

I agree with you 100%. However, I cant pass that SP1 up, and that even further delays the M4gery project.
One option is to offer him my 16" post-ban Bushy in trade. He suggested that a trade for what I already have. I don't want to screw him any more than I am.  
BTW: Dad knows the current market value of the rifle. He is giving me a deal cause he knows of my liking for the AR.

$$ donations are appreciated [:D].
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 8:46:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Damn, If I knew he was gonna offer this trade I would not have ordered that AR-10T last week.......I'm broke! [>Q] [>(]
View Quote

What do you think dads are for? I think a lot of us on the board would like to be facing your delimma. Decisions..., Decisions..., Decisions.
Life's tough!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top