Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2002 6:21:31 AM EDT
Well guys since the judge didn't give me back my P.C.R. I had to sell one of my kidneys to get another one (a P.C.R. and not a kidney that is).  I got a real steal on this one.  I bought it for only $1000 from the other dealer accross town.  He told me that P.C.R. doesn't stand for Premium Combat Rifle.  He said it stood for Practically Corrosive Resistant because of the special mil-spec spray paint that Olympic Arms uses to finish the metal and plastic pieces.

Oh yeah, see my other post for all the details on how I got my first AR confiscated.

Well, I took it to the range with a case of high-dollar Wolf ammo.  The finish wore off on the gun case during the ride out to the range.  But I don't care, because all combat rifles look like that.  It wouldn't feed or fire Wolf ammo.  I called Olympic Arms and talked to Tom.  He told me that I had just voided my warrenty.  He suggested that I use "real" ammo when I fire my survival rifle.  So I cleaned the chamber and went back to town to get a few boxes of Federal Premium Match Ammo.  They must make crappy ammo too, because after five rounds the empty case just stuck in the chamber and wouldn't come out.

I thought that Olympic Arms might have screwed up when they made this gun, but they assurred me that they didn't.  And they made me feel good for not buying a Colt or Bushmaster that had a "sloppy chrome lined chamber" that wasn't as accurate as their P.C.R.  I guess P.C.R.'s have to be accurate, because they tend to be single-shots, and most single-shots are more accurate than any repeater.

Well, after a local gunsmith fixed the chamber for me I did manage to spend a day at the range and I shot a whole bunch of ammo.  I'm pretty satisfied with my Olympic Arms AR - even though the handguards melted.  Oh well, other makers have their faults too.  I even heard one guy say that his bushmaster was purple.  $hit, can you believe that?  And Colt one time sold an AR without a forward assist.  That's funny!

Oh well, I guess I'd say that despite all of these problems I'd probably buy another Olympic Arms, because they have a cool website.  So I cancelled the kit that I've had on backorder from DPMS for the past five years and I'm going to get another Practically Corrosive Resistant rifle as soon as possible!

Link Posted: 1/24/2002 6:25:40 AM EDT
[#1]
WOW, sounds great. What kind of groups did it shoot?  [whacko]
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 6:26:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Actually, PCR, per the Oly website stands for Politically Correct Rifle.

ANd regardless of what others say, my experince with recent manufacture Oly's has been good.

Link Posted: 1/24/2002 6:30:13 AM EDT
[#3]
LMAO!

"special mil-spec spray paint"

Yeah, you forgot to add that the magazines probably don't drop free either...

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 6:35:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Juggernaut,

The ex-Delta, S.F., S.E.A.L., commando, Ranger, volunteer fire department owner of the first gunshop I went to told me that Olympic makes those receivers special so that black ops guys don't loose their magazines in combat.  He said that when he went down with the Blackhawk in Somalia they couldn't get out, because the other guys had Colts, Bushmasters and Armalites and the "lost their ammo."
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 6:50:01 AM EDT
[#5]
hg112,

I shot 1" groups at 1,000 yards offhand.  I hope that with a lot of practice I'll get better.  [shock]
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 7:17:18 AM EDT
[#6]
LMFAO!!!

Maybe Special_Oly is really the love child of Tom from Olympic Arms and Todd from Special Weapons, hence his last name is one of those new age dual last names= special_oly

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 7:21:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm thinking Special Oly is a Dalphon employee.

Last I heard, Oly and Dalphon had a pretty strong urination match going.

Link Posted: 1/24/2002 7:58:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Whoever he is he's twisted in a hilarious kind of way!

I did a search on him and discovered that he claims:

to have a glass eye due to a flying detent accident,

to have a mysterious wooden leg,

to have a plate in his head from a reloading accident,

to have a leper slut wife who's going to live in a box with the lover that she met at the homeless shelter,

and a boy who ain't his.

And we thought our lives were bad!
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 8:04:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 8:05:25 AM EDT
[#10]
I dunno.  Sounds like a mall security type.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top