Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2002 11:05:23 AM EDT
I picked this up today, you have to check it out. It's like Pvt. Ryan meets half life. The details are great, all the WWII era weapons are there 1911, bar, m1, springfield,thompson etc. if your into games and WWII it's a must. Action locations are in Africa, Norway, France, Germany, etc . And of course network play is included HINT HINT.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 11:22:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I have already beat it..
bas ass game though.
loved it as much as Ghost Recon and Max Payne.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#2]
The only part I don't like in it is when ever you shoot one of the guys that have a helmet on in the head most of the time the helmet just fly's off and you got to shoot them again even with the M1 grand. I also think they did not give the 1911 the respect it should get with stopping power.

But in all I loved the game and I really liked when you threw the hand grenade at the dogs and they would pick them up and bring them back to the German troops
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 11:38:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Is the "Normandy(sic) Beach" really good?
anyone?
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 11:42:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Gotta double tap on the head shots Tayous.  Played it on Playstation and beat it.  Might be different on PC though.  Dont remember all those locations.  The silenced Hi-Standard was pretty cool too.  Network play would be totally sweet and awesome.  Love to have a chance to totally flip out on an actual opponent.[;)]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 11:57:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I have also finished the game.   It was kinda short, and I don't think they gave the .45 or the Garand the stopping/killing power they should have.  All in all, I think it is an excellent game, the AI is actually smart (they'll duck behind things and shoot around corners at you)

I got on multiplayer last night and checked out the new maps... very nice... very BIG.  I think I may need a faster CPU and a better video card.

I didn't know the dogs will fetch your grenades, tho.. I'll have to try that!

I highly recommend this game if you like FPS games, and the WWII theatre...

M@  (btw, I'm on Gamespy as Blackpowder if anyone sees me... say hi!)

Link Posted: 1/23/2002 12:08:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Is the "Normandy(sic) Beach" really good?
anyone?
View Quote

It's pretty good... it took me 12 tries just to get to the BEACH... then about another half dozen to get up it to the shingle... then another half dozen to get to the trench and into the bunker compound.  The sounds and action are very much like in Saving Private Ryan... it's like you're IN it.  (except the blood and guts being absent)

Link Posted: 1/23/2002 12:39:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok sorry he is talking about part 2! I have not played that one yet I only have the first one. I get a big [spank] for that one.

Cool in the second one you can do double tap's because in the first one I don't think you could. But I'm unhappy to here about they still did not give the M1 and 1911 the stopping power they should. I just remembered they also made the tommy gun suck in the first one to it had no take down power unlike the MP40 did.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 12:45:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Cool in the second one you can do double tap's because in the first one I don't think you could. But I'm unhappy to here about they still did not give the M1 and 1911 the stopping power they should. I just remembered they also made the tommy gun suck in the first one to it had no take down power unlike the MP40 did.
View Quote

It does seem they made the MP40 a little more accurate than the Thompson, but a few hits with the Tommy will kill... it's good when you sneak up on someone with the KAR98 or Springfield sniping people.  I got pretty good at using the Garand... even picking off snipers from across the demo map.  :)

Link Posted: 1/23/2002 12:48:52 PM EDT
[#9]
i heard there coming out with a patch to fix the abscence of blood and gore for those that care
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top