Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2002 9:19:28 AM EDT
Then you probably will [u]not[/u] want to read this article from the Las Vegas Review-Journal:

[size=4]Police say they'll seek to arrest Tyson[/size=4]
[b]Evidence supporting rape allegation to be handed to DA[/b]  By J.M. KALIL REVIEW-JOURNAL

Police will request a felony warrant for boxer Mike Tyson's arrest after a four-month investigation uncovered evidence supporting a woman's claim that he raped her in his Las Vegas home.

Prosecutors with the Clark County district attorney's office have not decided whether to charge Tyson, 35, because they have not yet reviewed evidence in the case.

But Las Vegas police Lt. Jeff Carlson said detectives this week will submit investigative reports and witness statements gathered since September, along with a request that prosecutors approve felony sexual assault charges against the boxer.

"We think there's probable cause to believe a crime occurred," Carlson, commander of the Sexual Assault Section, said Tuesday. "If the evidence showed her allegations did not occur, or that it did occur and it was legal, we would not be submitting this case to the DA's office."

Tyson adviser Shelly Finkel did not return calls to his New York office and home seeking comment on the development. Tyson attorney Darrow Soll also did not respond to messages left at his Phoenix office and on his cell phone.

Chief Deputy District Attorney Doug Herndon, who supervises the Special Victims Unit, has partially reviewed the evidence against Tyson. Herndon said Tuesday he believes police will request approval of multiple counts of sexual assault.

"Police investigated a single incident, but there were multiple acts, and each act can be charged as a separate count," Herndon said. "Based on the totality of their investigation, police believe they have enough to arrest and charge him."

Because District Attorney Stewart Bell is in trial this week, prosecutors do not expect a decision on the case until late next week at the earliest.

Police and prosecutors have confirmed that the woman who made the accusation against the boxer in mid-September had suffered an injury and was treated at a Las Vegas hospital the same day the injury occurred.

See remainder of article at:[url]
http://www.lvrj.com/lvrj_home/2002/Jan-23-Wed-2002/news/17930023.html[/url]

Eric The(WhatAGuy!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 9:22:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Nah, if I'm gonna be a fan of any cannibal, I'll pick Hannibal Lecter.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 9:24:17 AM EDT
[#2]
A fan?! Hell, I am Mike Tyson! Just ask Aviator and/or Imbroglio!

Oxford student Roger Bannister breaks the 4-minute mile. Elvis Presley debuts with "That's all right, Mamma." Racial segregation in US schools banned. Nuclear power station begins production in Obninsk, USSR. First mass-produced computer by IBM, installing 120 "650's". Ray Kroc start McDonalds.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 9:30:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Why don't you add a poll to check everyone's sentiment![}:D]

Big(I'mHeadedToPost#900)Dozer66
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 9:34:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Used to be. Back when that trainer/manager who discovered him had control over him and required him to act like a human being outside the ring.
Then he died.
Now I am just looking forward to the day some male relative of one of the women he has raped blows Tyson's brains out.
He can go play thug in hell with Topuke Shakur.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 9:45:16 AM EDT
[#5]
As B27 said, when he was with Cus D'Amato, he had his stuff all in one bag and was unbeatable. Since Cus died, Tyson has derailed and is a felony waiting to happen, or in some cases a felony in progress.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 10:39:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey guys, Tyson is just very [b][i]passionate[/i][/b] about boxing. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 10:59:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Used to be. Back when that trainer/manager who discovered him had control over him and required him to act like a human being outside the ring.
Then he died.
Now I am just looking forward to the day some male relative of one of the women he has raped blows Tyson's brains out.
He can go play thug in hell with Topuke Shakur.
View Quote

Yeah, what he said!

Cus D'Amato and Kevin Rooney made him what he WAS.  Cus died and Rooney was fired when Don King got his sucker-coated tentacles around Tyson.  

[b]The greatest thing to happen to post-Ali boxing was Buster Douglas pounding the sh!t out of Tyson, turning his already-troglodytic face into a swollen mass of welts and then knocking that psychotic, no-talent rapist flat on his ass - all the while with Don King jumping and screaming in the background like the miserable little dwarf in "Thunderdome" who just watched his "masterblaster" freak/gladiator come crashing down in a pathetic heap of twitching dying flesh.
[/b]

Edited to answer Eric's question: No, I'm not a fan of Mike Tyson [;)]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 11:01:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Can't stand him, he arose to fame a few miles from me (Catskill, N.Y.) , town was once proud of him, but that all changed, he dumped Costello, the man that brought him out of the slums and made a boxer of him. Once the rape charges came, the town removed all references to him and would like to foget he ever existed. In a few years or sooner he'll get himself locked up for good and we will be done with him. Can't happen soon enough.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 11:23:59 AM EDT
[#10]
oops, got my local boxers mixed up, costello was a fighter from the same area, Cus D'Amato and Kevin Rooney (as Macallan stated) made Tyson , then he got taken in by king.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 11:28:25 AM EDT
[#11]
I think yesterday proves that Tyson=Entertainment.

His press conferences are the funniest damned things ever.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#12]
It's a plain, hard fact that professional boxing at the international level is nearly as crooked as local horseracing.  That said, I pay to see damage.  If it means somebody loses an ear, so be it.  If somebody dies, that's even better.  As long as Iron Mike can guarantee some sort of action, in or out of the ring, I will pay to see his antics.  And here's a little tip for the ladies; Like OJ, he has a history.  Date him if you like, but don't come home crying rape or assault.  You were warned.

LET'S GET IT ON!
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 12:17:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Get real, Eric!

What are the chances that even one of his five remaining fans would be an AR15.com memeber?
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 12:21:13 PM EDT
[#14]
FAN.. TYSON..? Ya I can FAN my Blackhawk real good.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 12:47:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 2:07:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll take "The Rapists" for $200.

[;)]

Viper Out
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 2:10:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I think that Mike needs a session or two in the prison showers with some guys named "Bubba", "Psycho" and "Cujo"!

That is what the guy deserves!
View Quote

Mikey would eat them UP.  Make no mistakes, he may be psycho, he may be a little confused, but FROM DAY ONE, Iron Mike has always been a predator.  It'd take more than three of the toughest to get the better of Mike.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 2:11:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Mike Tyson is scum.  Let's worry about passing laws to throw this piece of shit out of the country instead of more laws to regulate black rifles or green rifles or any kind of evil oogie boogie rifle.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 2:20:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'll take "The Rapists" for $200.

[;)]

Viper Out
View Quote

ROTFLMAO... [:D]

Very good... well done, Steelviper!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 2:44:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Tyson's a prick. He should be banned from the ring for life. Still....it wouldn't keep him from fighting.

He and OJ should get together. OJ could "slicem n' dicem" and mad mike could eat the evedence.
What a team (of losers)
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 3:04:51 PM EDT
[#21]
I remember in one of his mindless rants about a year ago about Lewis, tyson said "I want to eat his children"
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 3:30:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Tyson should stick to making those frozen chicken products... they are yummy...
]=)

[=D]
View Quote

He's also being investigated for smuggling illegal aliens to work in his factories in Arkansas!

[:P]  DaMan
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 4:21:59 PM EDT
[#23]
[img]http://www.attrition.org/gallery/spoof/GOTMILK.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 4:40:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Actually, I think Mike needs some time away from the general public.  Either in the "iron bar hotel" or in a mental institution.

Don't have any ill will against Mike.  I'm only thinking about his "well being"!  [:P]

DaMan
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 7:52:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 3:29:08 AM EDT
[#26]
No, I am not a fan.  When you are fighting for your life biting an ear or anything else is okay.  When you are a pro boxer in a match on tv, biting an ear is for the lack of any better words just plain wrong and childish!!![stick]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 4:30:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Do you know why Mike Tyson cries while having sex?
pepper spray will do that to ya!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top