Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2009 11:21:59 AM EDT
Hey everyone, I just picked up a Stack-on 19 gun convertable safe from Dick's Sporting Goods. I know it isn't the end all be all of safes but it will serve its purpose for my family's uses. Just myself and my dad have guns to add to it. Anyway, I wanted to keep all of the shelving on the right hand side but I need to store pistols. What would be a good way to mount them on the door? I have seen several different ways but wasn't sure if they were DIY or store bought. If you guys could help me out I'd appreciate it. :)

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 11:25:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Might get a better answer over here safe forum
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I got some wooden spools from the craft section at WalMart and secured them with drywall screws into the door.  Two spools per gun will do it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 11:36:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I figured more people view the GD than the Safe Forum seeing as how the last thread in there was from February.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 11:50:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I figured more people view the GD than the Safe Forum seeing as how the last thread in there was from February.

Look buddy gd isn't the place for common sense.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 12:56:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look buddy gd isn't the place for common sense.

Ok I'll give you that.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 12:58:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm putting peg board on the back of the door on my safe but yours may not have that option unless you tack weld some bolts on it or something.  You could always strap on the back of a door shoe holder that women buy, lol.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Fort Knox that included hangers for pistols on the door. That said, I've seen the ONLY product I would consider buying from CheaperThanDirt. It's a carousel that sets upon a shelf in the safe capable of storing 6 or so pistols. I've been mulling around with the idea––seems like a good trade-space.

Ed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top