Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2009 8:28:16 PM EDT
1) Would be throwing Roland Burris under the bus.
2) I didn't know that the Kennedys had infiltrated Il. Guess it would look bad if the whole clan were elected in Mass, nepotism and all.
He must have been sent to an Al-Corruption training camp.

Link

CHICAGO — Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan met with President Barack Obama in Washington last week as she considers running for his former U.S. Senate seat.

Robyn Ziegler said Madigan and the president spoke at the White House late last week about the seat now held by fellow Democrat Roland Burris.

She said Wednesday that Madigan is "carefully weighing" the option of running for the seat and "talking to the president is an important part of that process."

Christopher Kennedy, the son of the late Robert F. Kennedy, and Illinois Treasurer Alexi Giannoulias are also possible candidates.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:33:42 PM EDT
[#1]
She is the daughter of the speaker of the house in Illinois and a very long termer with lots of power. If they list their home as Chicago Dem = crooked.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:37:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Kennedy's have been here for years.  Merchandise Mart.

All those choices suck for senate.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:50:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:58:33 PM EDT
[#4]
There's a lot of disgust over the Burris deal and IL dems blocked a special election to prevent it from happening.  It's looking especially bad now that more phone recordings have been released that show Burris was trying to broker a deal for the seat prior to the scandal becoming public.

With a good candidate and some support a republican victory would be possible.  Obama replaced a retiring republican after all.

By primary time next year a lot of dems would be happy to replace Burris and try to put the scandal behind them.  Not that everyone involved in Chicago politics hasn't done all that and more...
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 5:38:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I doubt if Burris cares.  He just wanted to put "U.S. Senator" on his tomb/resume, and he can do that––kinda, sorta.  

Lisa Madigan is a savvy and astute politician.  She doesn't seem to be quite as evil as many others from here, though I'm sure that's just ignorance on my part.  

She is a much more astute lair than most democrats. She's a Madigan so she's an evil anti gunner.

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 5:55:19 AM EDT
[#6]
So when does Burris get kicked out and she put in?
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 6:15:06 AM EDT
[#7]
her father is the top dem in the house also in illinois...gotta love this state
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top