Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2009 5:31:03 PM EDT
SAO PAULO - Autopsies have revealed fractures in the legs, hips and arms of Air France disaster victims, injuries that — coupled with the large pieces of wreckage pulled from the Atlantic — strongly suggest the plane broke up in the air, experts said Wednesday.

Ok - I don't get it - now if it just slammed into the water, why wouldn't they have the same injuries?

Second thing:

Iis it me just noticing more, or ar AirBus planes going dow more frequently than Boeings?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:33:02 PM EDT
[#1]
ScareBus
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't flown since 1980.

Airplanes, taking you to everywhere in this world, and beyond!  
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:33:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Either way it would've sucked ass.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:35:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Airline Joke:

Oh no one engine is out.
Nervous passenger says to his seat-mate: "How far will the other engine take us?"

Drunk passenger: "All the way to the crash site."

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:24:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Airline Joke:

Oh no one engine is out.

Nervous passenger says to his seat-mate: "How far will the other engine take us?"

"When will it get there?"

"About, oh, 45 minutes to an hour before the first emergency crews."

Ron White did this routine but when he did it, it was funny as hell.

CJ

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:29:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Airline Joke:

Oh no one engine is out.

Ron White

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:32:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Soft tissue injuries with an intact cabin have greater fragment/penetration lacerations.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
SAO PAULO - Autopsies have revealed fractures in the legs, hips and arms of Air France disaster victims, injuries that — coupled with the large pieces of wreckage pulled from the Atlantic — strongly suggest the plane broke up in the air, experts said Wednesday.

Ok - I don't get it - now if it just slammed into the water, why wouldn't they have the same injuries?

Second thing:

Iis it me just noticing more, or ar AirBus planes going dow more frequently than Boeings?

There are medical ways to tell.   Most deal with the body getting thrown into a 500 MPH slipstream.   Folks that come out of a disintegrating aircraft typically do not arrive on the ground clothed....
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Soft tissue injuries with an intact cabin have greater fragment/penetration lacerations.

Yup.

If you hit the ground while still in the cabin, you will see limbs ripped off and torsos ripped apart.  Also, you would see aircraft parts embedded in whats left of the bodies.

If all there are is fractures to the extremities, that's consistent with an impact into water or terrain.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:34:07 PM EDT
[#10]
True, about the clothing.   I saw a video about the investigation into a crash somewhere in South America (I think it was Brazil) where the plane came apart in midair

and the bodies were found scattered in the jungle,  most of them intact,  but almost none had a stitch of clothing on.

Ordinary clothing blows off in a 500 MPH breeze.   You might keep a good set of jeans if your belt is very robust and tightly cinched up above your hips,

and your waist is narrower than your hips by several inches.   Good boots might stay on, too.  But more likely,  if the plane breaks up in midair, you're freeballing

all the way down.   That should be quite a sensation.

Turn butt first to the slipstream and your colon may possibly get violently inflated....or any other bodily

orifice, for that matter.

However, you will rapidly slow down as the maximum speed a human body can maintain in free fall through the atmosphere is a bit over 200 MPH,  and if you go flat,

spread eagled, you'll get down to 120 or maybe a bit less.   IF you were conscious, IF you had the presence of mind to try it,  IF you got slowed down to minimum

velocity by going spread eagled, and IF you had water to land in, or MAYBE a deep snow drift on a steep mountainside,  you COULD survive the impact, and MAYBE

without serious injury.  It HAS happened.   But it's extremely rare.   And almost always as a result of someone JUMPING out of a plane,  either intentionally

parachuting or being forced to jump out of a plane that's just been shot up.

There were some Russian paratroopers that jumped WITHOUT parachutes.   Crazy bastards!   They'd jump into deep snow drifts (but not from great heights) and

come out fighting.  During WWII.   They'd fight even if they broke an arm or a leg.  

CJ

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top