Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2009 3:48:26 PM EDT
Which one of these great inventors has had more influence on shaping the modern world than the other?

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I B T P
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:49:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I B T P

That was fast

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:55:22 PM EDT
[#3]
JMB
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:57:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Tesla
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:58:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Tesla was infinitely more badass.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Most people aren't aware of who Tesla is much less all the things he was involved in.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:00:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Tesla
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:01:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Most people aren't aware of who Tesla is much less all the things he was involved in.

+1

He has done so much to create the modern world, and yet not many people even know about him.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:02:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Electricity > Lightbulb.

Video Camera > Motion Pictures > TV > Informational Programming > Instant access to information the world over.

And those are just 2.

Edison was a genius.

Although I think John Moses Browning has had "influence" in an innumerable number of people.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:04:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Electricity > Lightbulb.

Video Camera > Motion Pictures > TV > Informational Programming > Instant access to information the world over.

And those are just 2.

Edison was a genius.

Although I think John Moses Browning has had "influence" in an innumerable number of people.

Uh... Edison's DC lost to Tesla's AC

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:07:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Electricity > Lightbulb.

And those are just 2.

Edison was a genius.

edison= DC Electricity   Tesla= AC (Like in your house)

Edison= Incandescent Lightbulbs      Tesla= Florescent Lightbulbs and he lit them wirelessly (if that's even a word)
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:07:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Nikola Tesla
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Tesla is cooler cause he invented teleportation by accident...

The Philadelphia Project man...  Invisible Boats accidentally teleporting > Bringing good things to life...
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:13:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Electricity > Lightbulb.

And those are just 2.

Edison was a genius.

Edison= Incandescent Lightbulbs      Tesla= Florescent Lightbulbs and he lit them wirelessly (if that's even a word)

I was unaware. Thank you for the lesson.

However, I'm not to fond of florescent light, gives me a headache like a nothin else.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:13:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:21:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Electricity > Lightbulb.

And those are just 2.

Edison was a genius.

I was unaware. Thank you for the lesson.

However, I'm not to fond of florescent light, gives me a headache like a nothin else.

me neither, but mainly just because all the hippies hate incandescents..

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#17]
al gore
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top