It went out.

You're doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:12:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It went out.

You're doing it wrong.

Well, I was going to try again; but at the time I lit the second one...dad walked in.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:13:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Get a good firecracker with a nitrocellulose coated fuse... Waterproof.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Why am I tagging this?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:14:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It went out.

You're doing it wrong.

Well, I was going to try again; but at the time I lit the second one...dad walked in.  

You were going to blow up your own toilet?

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:14:34 PM EDT
[#8]
never a firecracker but i shot one with a 22 LR once and it terminated that shitter.. I would advise that you not try it on your own shitter..
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It went out.

You're doing it wrong.

You were going to blow up your own toilet?

I was 12 at the time and liked to make things go boom.  Used to build models all year long just for the 4th of July.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:16:13 PM EDT
[#10]

ftw
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Back in the mid 60s when I was in jr. high, you could buy cherry bombs for a dime.
We once flushed some down the toilet in the boy's restroom next to the teachers lounge.
The teacher in the john got her ass wet and we almost got caught.
You have to have a strong flush or the cherry bomb, M80, etc will float too much to go down the pipe very far.
If the flush isn't very strong, you put mud around the fire cracker to make it sink.
If the pipes are under a slab, not much will happen except water shooting up from the toilets.
If they are in a ceiling (rest room above) you could drain some real shit onto the floor below you.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:22:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Back in the mid 60s when I was in jr. high, you could buy cherry bombs for a dime.
We once flushed some down the toilet in the boy's restroom next to the teachers lounge.
You have to have a strong flush or the cherry bomb, M80, etc will float too much to go down the pipe very far.
If the flush isn't very strong, you put mud around the fire cracker to make it sink.
If the pipes are under a slab, not much will happen except water shooting up from the toilets.
If they are in a ceiling (rest room above) you could drain some real shit onto the floor below you.

you've got that down!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:22:44 PM EDT
[#13]

THese are amazing. Coke bottles, cans, the safety water bucket, whatever.

We started puting all the fireworks in the pool, to see what would happen, after playing with these.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:25:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

you've got that down!

Most of the kids here wouldn't amount to a pimple on the ass of a turd who grew up in the 60s.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:27:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Ever flush elemental sodium wrapped in a paper towel down the toilet?

That would be more interesting, I think.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:28:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Well,

I did leave what some refer to as a 1/4 stick behind a public school toilet neck back in my high school days.

(Found out the next day that the toilet was closed, porcelain everywhere, 2 inches of standing water.)

P.s. left a lit cigarette with the filter pulled off on the end of the wick, to gain some time away from the scene.
Jeff Spicolli would be proud.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:28:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

THese are amazing. Coke bottles, cans, the safety water bucket, whatever.

We started puting all the fireworks in the pool, to see what would happen, after playing with these.

no shit. those little bastards have some real power.

and waterproof.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:29:21 PM EDT
[#18]
my friend tried, it blew up in the bowl and before you knew it there was a hole in the side of it and water was gushing out. He was renting the place so he had to buy a new toilet and he had the bright idea of trying to install it himself without knowing how to.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:53:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:57:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Yes, yes I have.

Water dynamite.

I was in junior high and my parents were not home and thought it would be a good idea.

I lit in and threw it in the bowl and flushed it.

It blew a hole through the bottom of the toilet

I tried to lie about it but there was a flash mark on the broken porcelain and I forgot to pick up the remains of the firework because I was too busy trying to clean up all the water.

Mom and Dad were not amused

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:58:08 PM EDT
[#21]
M-80 with the waterproof fuses

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:00:49 PM EDT
[#22]
I had to use the guest toilet for a few weeks. that was the outcome.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:16:34 PM EDT
[#23]
I never tried that one but it does remind me an incident that happened while we were transiting back accross the Atlantic with a group of male dependents aboard. This was 1982 on a Spruance class destroyer. We had a vaccum type sewer system that used fresh water and every once in a great while the vacum pump would reverse itself,  thereby pressurizing the system, so that when a toilet was flushed instead of sucking the waste down it, it blew waste over the poor unlucky sole standing over it, and on this particular event it was the father of a Gas Systems Mate sometime in the earlier morning.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:22:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Well,

I did leave what some refer to as a 1/4 stick behind a public school toilet neck back in my high school days.

(Found out the next day that the toilet was closed, porcelain everywhere, 2 inches of standing water.)

P.s. left a lit cigarette with the filter pulled off on the end of the wick, to gain some time away from the scene.
Jeff Spicolli would be proud.

Friend of mine in high school did the same thing (we called them blockbusters) at one of the local parks, it completely destroyed the toilet. Porcelain and water everywhere.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:22:24 PM EDT
[#25]
This thread is awesome. I haven't laughed this hard at one in some time.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:24:23 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm waiting to see the results for when someone goes to walmart.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:51:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Not in a toilet, we did however drop one in an outhouse when I was in boy scouts. Didn't even get a merit badge for that one!

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:51:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Today's firecrackers are limited to no more then 50mg of flash powder- not really enough to do much of anything but make a nice bang. Anything labeled m-80, or any variation of m-some numbers, are the same thing.

To get any kind of good reaction you'l need to role your own, which of course would be illegal, and so I advise against it.

But if you do, stand back!

-Local

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#29]
I have flushed a couple of bombs in my time.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:49:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What was the outcome?

Yea, lit a M80 and flushed it down a toilet on the second floor lav in high school.  It blew just after leaving the toilet, ruptured the sewer line.  No big leak but a big PITA for the maintenance crew in the school.  But that was in the early 70's, when people would actually eventually laugh about it, a 3 day suspension if you got caught.

Today, you will be convicted of using a weapon of mass destruction, endangering 1,000 lives, causing a one mile evacuation because of a major explosion in a school, causing a lock down of all schools in a 5 mile radius, be a convicted felon, charged 2.5 million dollars for the knee jerk panic stricken alarmist response, and on and on .......................  

That was back when we enjoyed and still had our rights and drove to school with a shotgun hanging in the rear window rack of a pickup, carried a 4" Buck knife, and actually enjoyed life ........ and no one got shot or stabbed in the parking lot after school.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top