Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2009 12:57:15 PM EDT
Guys, I'm running out of options and am looking further for help. If anyone has a friend who is a doctor in Georgia, ER, GP, OB, please IM me. I need an expert witness in an appointed case. The court is only allowing me $1,000 for an expert witness in a multiple life sentence case. The experts will not work for that and the practicing Dr's will not get involved in a criminal case. I have about 20 pages of medical records and about 40 pages of testimony that I would like reviewed and analysis if the testimony matches with the injuries. I would need the Dr to be able to come into court for one day between July 6-9th. If your dad, brother, sister, aunt practices in the greater Atlanta area...well any help is appreciated.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:02:42 PM EDT
[#1]
That amount is ludicrous.  How much does the State get for its experts?  Sounds like a denial of due process.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:07:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Well... they are all free  And it is a denial of due process in a way, but I'd rather win then have him get convicted and then have an appeal and then possibly get the conviction overturned and then back to square one. I'd be different if I had a doctor saying "Yes, you are right but I'm worth $3,000" instead all I get is "We're not interested in handling criminal matters we testify in civil cases only", or "I don't testify".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top