Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 12:37:49 PM EDT
Lets hear how you got them out of your yard, I've heard the usual remedys but Im planning my attack soon
and there has to be some good stories out there.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:43:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Moles are attracted to the grubs in your yard.

Get a good product like GrubEx and apply it to lawn.

Once grubs are gone, so goes the moles...over to your neighbors lawn.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:45:11 PM EDT
[#2]
You could pour some Ammonia and bleach down some of the holes in a 'gas attack'. My cousin on a farm seals up all but one hole and sticks a road flare in to burn up all the air.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:45:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Watch Caddyshack and take notes.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Well you start at the top using your hand as well, don't tighten your lips too much, and you raise it up and down the ...

OOOOHHHHH!! M as in MOLES!!

Nay mind.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:15:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well you start at the top using your hand as well, don't tighten your lips too much, and you raise it up and down the ...

OOOOHHHHH!! M as in MOLES!!

Nay mind.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:17:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Watch Caddyshack and take notes.

That was a Gopher!  

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:26:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Rodenator Pro (youtube), propane + oxygen + spark.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:57:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Those bastards are all over my yard and I am about ready to burn the whole damn yard
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#9]

My god thats funny, thats more what I had in mind !!!!!

Quoted:
Rodenator Pro (youtube), propane + oxygen + spark.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:27:03 PM EDT
[#10]
They feed early morning and close to noon.... I worked at golf courses for 13 years, I know a few things. When the tunnels are fresh (or moving) get that garden hose out and pump 'em out, or stomp 'em , or if you have a silencer.....

Also, GrubX.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:35:13 PM EDT
[#11]
O dear Jesus. I'm gonna tag this thread and see if I can find the pics of the 12guage contraption my FIL made for his burrowing rodent problem.

That man is a freaking genius I tell you.

Basically a 12 guage on a tripod with several pivots and a long "leg" with a foot on the end. When the little buggers pushed the dirt up and activated the foot/leg/trigger mechanism.............BOOM

A thing of beauty. I may love him more than my wife (nttawwt)

ETA - He doesn't have a problem with them any more
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm sorry, I thought the thread title said "poles" at first and was all WTF.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:49:08 PM EDT
[#13]
When I was about 14, we got moles in our yard.  It was summertime, and I was bored, so I decided to help out with the yard.  I sealed up as many holes as I could find.  Then put smoke bombs down one that I left open.  The smoke revealed a couple more holes, which I covered.  Then I kept applying smoke bombs and sealing off the last hole.  Then I ran the water hose down it for a while.  No more moles after that.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Actually I killed 7 this year with a 12 Ga. They are quite active around noon. My grass is short. I smashed down their runs. When they fix them, you can see the ground moving. Walk up slow, and shoot about 6 inches behind where they are pushing up the dirt. Works every time. They are all gone now. Helps to live in the boonies, if you use this approach!!

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:04:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:17:00 PM EDT
[#16]

I would have sworn these things were total BS but I had moles wearing out our new lawn. I tired everything from trying to kill the grubs to traps.

I tried two of these and I haven't seen a mole in over a year. Sure worked for us.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I killed a vole last year and a mouse this year by flooding their tunnel and waiting for them to climb out.

Smashed the vole with the blunt end of my axe and clobbered the mouse with my shovel.  Both very satisfying.  

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:26:18 PM EDT
[#18]
I used to use Zig-Zags, but not since high school.  They have thumbs like Megan Fox, though, and are hard to keep lit.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:26:52 PM EDT
[#19]
I have been using my Stag AR15 to shoot the bastards when I see the ground move. I do live in the boonies, so no one gets frightened of me standing in my yard looking at the ground with a black rifle. However, I am losing the fight. For every mole I kill, it seems 5 more take its place. I don't mind the tunnels as much as the big ass dirt piles they push up when they are fixing their tunnels. I was thinking about designing a huge spiked ball to pull around with my lawnmower. They really, really bother me.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:28:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Put human hair down their holes.  You can usually buy it from a barber, or shave a dead hooker.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:52:53 PM EDT
[#21]
LM151:  One word:  RODENATOR.

Rodenator Video

http://www.rodenator.com

You can abandon this thread now, there simply is no more effective or SATISFYING mole/gopher solution.

Nothing further.

Edit to add:

Damn you all, beat me to it!  Yar!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Actually I killed 7 this year with a 12 Ga. They are quite active around noon. My grass is short. I smashed down their runs. When they fix them, you can see the ground moving. Walk up slow, and shoot about 6 inches behind where they are pushing up the dirt. Works every time. They are all gone now. Helps to live in the boonies, if you use this approach!!

+1 on the shotgun.  I have used this to great effect in the past.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:59:33 PM EDT
[#23]
You realize that you were a 1 letter typo away from an epic mistake...
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:00:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This is a pretty common misconception.  Sure, they'll eat grubs, but their main diet is earthworms.  If you get rid of all the grubs, they will still be there...
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:05:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a pretty common misconception.  Sure, they'll eat grubs, but their main diet is earthworms.  If you get rid of all the grubs, they will still be there...

Yep, they love the worms, this is why "Worm Grunting" works, you make a sound like a Ground Mole & the worms supposedly come to the surface to escape the Moles ?

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:32:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This is GREAT advice. As a matter of fact that is exactly what my neighbor did to get rid of the moles in his backyard and now them mofo's are basically assraping my backyard to the point that it's dangerous to walk back there due to the massive tunnel system they dug.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:40:15 PM EDT
[#27]
What about Carbon Monoxide, via a hose and small engine?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:59:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:00:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Lets hear how you got them out of your yard, I've heard the usual remedys but Im planning my attack soon
and there has to be some good stories out there.  

Is yard codeword for crotch?
You need to go to the doctor!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top