Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 11:17:05 AM EDT
Do they haggle on prices like car dealers?  If so, are the prices harder to haggle when it gets closer to hunting season?  Is it better to buy now or is anytime ok?  Do the
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:18:38 AM EDT
[#1]
You're gonna put your eye out!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:20:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Right now is a great time to buy used, or repo'd.

ed; and that also applies to dirt bikes, jet ski's, boats and campers.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:24:21 AM EDT
[#3]
yes, and yes.

Go to a small town dealer right now, volumes are down, they will negotiate. Buy it in the heat of summer, no where near deer season or tax return season.
Look for 08 models leftover, an 09 that needs to go for 10' models and such.
Ask for free gear too:Ramps, winch, gear bags, helmet etc.

Do not finance with them, go with a Bank.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:24:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Craigslist

Good deals out there right now.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:26:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
yes, and yes.

Go to a small town dealer right now, volumes are down, they will negotiate. Buy it in the heat of summer, no where near deer season or tax return season.
Look for 08 models leftover, an 09 that needs to go for 10' models and such.
Ask for free gear too:Ramps, winch, gear bags, helmet etc.

Do not finance with them, go with a Bank.

+1
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:29:29 AM EDT
[#6]
If you go to the used market, be prepared to pay cash and move on the deals you like immediately.  In 2000, when I bought mine, I literally had ATVs sold out from under me while I was on the way to check them out a couple of times.

I got frustrated and just bought new.  They weren't dealing much at the time, because ATVs are considered a "luxury" item, but I didn't haggle much because the used market was so high (for Hondas).

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:36:27 AM EDT
[#7]
You can find some great deals on leftover models, but you may not be able to get exactly what you want that way.

If you're getting a used one, have it checked out at a shop before you buy it, could save you a lot of headaches.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Check out Crashed Toy .com they sell repo'ed and 'totaled' ATVs and the like for cheap.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:40:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Make sure you wear a good helmet.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:41:39 AM EDT
[#10]
A: Don't buy stuff like that from a dealership
B: Don't buy a quad unless you need it to haul/pull stuff cause quads are for girls
C: Get a dirtbike

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:42:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Our local place doesn't haggle.  They sell everything below their cost.  Money made on the backend (accessories, etc.).

Top 5 honda dealer in the nation...was #1 couple years ago.

Try Abernathy's Honda and Harley Davidson in Union City, TN.

Bonus:  The owner's a big firearms nut and just recently put in an awesome gun store next door...shop while they're getting your 4-wheeler ready to go!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top