Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2009 10:32:05 AM EDT
Has 10 years reall passed since golfer Payne Stewart won his last tournament?  I watched him edge out Mickelson to win the U.S. Open in June of 1999.  I remember thinking what a class act he was in his victory.

I just read an interview on FOX sports with his wife Tracey.  It was 10 years ago when he won the U.S. Open and it will be 10 years since his death in October.  Time flies.

RIP Mr. Stewart.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:34:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Has 10 years reall passed since golfer Payne Stewart won his last tournament?  I watched him edge out Mickelson to win the U.S. Open in June of 1999.  I remember thinking what a class act he was in his victory.

I just read an interview on FOX sports with his wife Tracey.  It was 10 years ago when he won the U.S. Open and it will be 10 years since his death in October.  Time flies.

RIP Mr. Stewart.  

he was the goofy dressed dude right?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:36:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

RIP Mr. Stewart.  

I thought for a moment Capt. Picard was dead!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:37:08 AM EDT
[#3]
WOW... Time waits for no man.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:39:26 AM EDT
[#4]
the most peculiar press coverage of celebrity death in real time, ever.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I remember when that happened and the air force was questioned on whether they would shoot down a civilian plane if it posed a threat to a populated area. Apparently there was no plan in place for such a contingency, as we learned two years later...
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I can't believe it's been 10. He was one of my favorites to watch. Great attitude.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:36:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Indeed it was.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:37:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Indeed it was.

I think I must have been out at sea or something.  What's all this about now?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:48:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Payne was a great guy....

HH
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:49:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed it was.

Aircraft lost cabin pressure and they all died while it was on autopilot.

Military maybe sent interceptor up to check it out.

It crashed somewhere after running out of fuel.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:59:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Seemed like the plane headed East from Florida and then dog legged north and crashed in Neb, SD or ND.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:01:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Indeed it was.

Aircraft lost cabin pressure and they all died while it was on autopilot.

Military maybe sent interceptor up to check it out.

It crashed somewhere after running out of fuel.

Yes, .mil  sent some planes up to see what was going on.

No sign of life in the cabin, ran on autopilot until it ran out of fuel and crashed.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:33:12 PM EDT
[#13]
That was pretty much it, F-16 pilots reported no signs of life, and fogged windows. They followed till they could confirm plane wasn't going to hit a town, and watched as it ran out of fuel and crashed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top