Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 10:08:23 AM EDT
I bought an iPhone 3G two weeks ago.  Now they are selling for $99.  Will they give me credit for the $99 on my account, or kinda prorate me on the new 3GS?  Just kinda curious whether or not I am screwed.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Does ATT have a 30 day return policy? If so tell them that if they dont credit you the difference you will just return it and buy a new one at the new price.

If they dont well then I think you are out the difference.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:38:04 AM EDT
[#2]
AT&T is not who you have to worry about, its Apple. Apple about has full control over the iPhone plans and product. If you bought it from an AT&T store, then you may have some luck. But if you bought it from Apple, I would just restore it, put it back in the box, and say you never used it
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:39:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Shouldn't this be in the worst job thread.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:41:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I bought an iPhone 3G two weeks ago.  Now they are selling for $99.  Will they give me credit for the $99 on my account, or kinda prorate me on the new 3GS?  Just kinda curious whether or not I am screwed.

Negative - you are hosed.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:43:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
AT&T is not who you have to worry about, its Apple. Apple about has full control over the iPhone plans and product. If you bought it from an AT&T store, then you may have some luck. But if you bought it from Apple, I would just restore it, put it back in the box, and say you never used it

This post is chalked full-o-fail.  Lots of inaccurate info.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:51:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I just left the AT&T store, and they are giving me an even exchange on my iPhone 3g for the new iPhone 3gs.  I bought the 8gb on the 25th of may and I just have to pay a $20 restocking fee.

You have 30 days to do the exchange so I just reserved my new iPhone today and it should be available a week after the release date.  You will be good to go for a $100 credit if you keep your current phone.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 5:48:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just left the AT&T store, and they are giving me an even exchange on my iPhone 3g for the new iPhone 3gs.  I bought the 8gb on the 25th of may and I just have to pay a $20 restocking fee.

You have 30 days to do the exchange so I just reserved my new iPhone today and it should be available a week after the release date.  You will be good to go for a $100 credit if you keep your current phone.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top