Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2009 8:46:17 AM EDT
I have one of their 3G Defender cases for my iPhone. I scratched the protective face badly and called OtterBox to see if I could order a repalcement faceplate. They're sending me an entire case, no charge. Apparently their warranty covers ANY problems with their products and they will replace them at no cost to the user, no questions asked. It's hard to find customer service like this anymore.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:13:53 AM EDT
[#1]
They have good stuff and great customer service.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:17:22 AM EDT
[#2]
What's the number? I scratched mine up preatty bad
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Good to know they are a stand up company.

I am in the market for a case for my Samsung Omnia, will have to give them a shot.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:11:46 PM EDT
[#4]
You know there was an issue with the earlier gen otter box's for the Iphone right?  Thats why you cant find any for sale right now, 2 different shops local to me said they boxed up all remaining inventory and shipped them back to the factory
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:02:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Does anybody else with the g3 defener case have problems with the person your talking to ,hearing their own voice ecoh?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:12:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Does anybody else with the g3 defener case have problems with the person your talking to ,hearing their own voice ecoh?

I used to have that issue...but it seems to have gone away...
Love my Otterbox Defender...its saved me thousands in potentially destroyed Iphones

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:07:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Good maybe mine will stop I have only had it a month, hell of a case though
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I put otter on my blackberry curve, it literally fell from second story onto concrete, and bounced. no worse for wear.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:21:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I've dropped my iPhone while inside of an Otterbox twice and haven't suffered any damage.  Drops were from a height of about 4 feet each time.  

I wouldn't think about using my iPhone without the Otterbox.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Yes, I had the same problem. I was also having trouble hearing through the headset and my call recipients couldn't hear me very well. My solution was to cut the white gauze from the openings for the speaker/mic/headset. I had to use a razor blade and tweezers to get all the gauze out of the openings. Works great now (as well as the iPhone without a case), although now the Defender isn't as dust resistant. No biggie, as I bought the 3G Defender for drop protection.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top