Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2009 5:53:38 AM EDT
Sounds to me like these fuckers aren't playing games. Is BHO gonna be able to deal with this shit or are we going to see an attack from Korea soon?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:09:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, with egos like obama and Kim competing, I believe we all stand to loose a lot.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:14:14 AM EDT
[#2]
If they BOTH would just commit suppuku.....

just sayin'.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:14:25 AM EDT
[#3]
since we're still at war, would it just be a continuation of the korean war?  I don't think BHO could deal with anything
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:15:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Last I heard they are asking for a stimulus package

What's the latest?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:18:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sounds to me like these fuckers aren't playing games. Is BHO gonna be able to deal with this shit or are we going to see an attack from Korea soon?

you bet! "never let a good crisis go to waste" the kenyan will figure out a way to accumulate more power from this
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:18:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Unless the Chinese get involved, I don't think the US really NEEDS to get involved. South Korea has just as much armor as North Korea, but FAR more advanced and they actually have the gas to run the darn things. Their air force is massively better too. The only thing I'd worry about is the NK artillery aimed at Seoul. Even with systems designed to shoot down artillery shells, there's too much that's going to be coming in to stop even a decent percentage of them.

They'd have to evacuate the city, and that's not possible, not before taking massive civilian casualties. After which the South Koreans will be out for BLOOD. I wouldn't want to be a North Korean after that.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:36:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Unless the Chinese get involved, I don't think the US really NEEDS to get involved. South Korea has just as much armor as North Korea, but FAR more advanced and they actually have the gas to run the darn things. Their air force is massively better too. The only thing I'd worry about is the NK artillery aimed at Seoul. Even with systems designed to shoot down artillery shells, there's too much that's going to be coming in to stop even a decent percentage of them.

They'd have to evacuate the city, and that's not possible, not before taking massive civilian casualties. After which the South Koreans will be out for BLOOD. I wouldn't want to be a North Korean after that.

Don't we have several thousand troops over there?

Also, if the Norks hit Japan, I would be very surprised if the US didn't get involved.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:40:40 AM EDT
[#8]

South Korea is not worth a single drop of American blood.  I'd rather just throw this piece of meat to the wolves then send our boys out to fight under BHO's rules of engagement.  As MacArthur said, there's no substitute for victory, and I really don't want to see history repeat itself.

The fact is, America's days of being a superpower are coming to an end.  Someday, China WILL conquer Formosa.  Its inevitable.  The Taiwenese government has shown an incredible lack of responsibility for its own self defense.  Its been said they will fight until the last drop of American blood.  Similiarly in South Korea, the younger generation doesn't consider NK a threat, but does have a healthy disdain for the US.  Why fight for them?  The world has changed since the end of the Cold War, its time to realize that.  I believe it was George Washington who warned us against reckless foreign interventions.  Maybe its time we listened.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:42:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

When a nation's plan for dealing with its enemy is called "The Sunshine Policy", there's not much to fear.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:48:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Unless we are attacked, its not worth it. We should be pulling out and letting South Korea stand on its own.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:49:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The only problem with that is that NK has recently and publicly stated that they would use nukes in an offensive capability. No one has ever said that- not even Iran. If NK were to use nukes as a surprise prelude to a massive ground attack I am not sure that the South would be able to withstand it.

Of course if they were dumb enough to do such an attack I dont think even the Chinese could put up a credible defense for a US retaliatory strike- this of course assumes the Kenyan would even consider such a thing.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:50:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Also, if the Norks hit Japan, I would be very surprised if the US didn't get involved.

Yes we do.  They are commonly referred to ad the "speed bump".

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:06:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They did, they are with the US about the issue...but they said they don't want to pressure NK too much because they know kim is a crazy bastard...Russia too...of course
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:06:58 AM EDT
[#14]
nk attacks south k.

japan gets hella pissed and rapes the shit out of nk.

nk gets freedom.

win win
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:07:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

The Norks are playing the same game they always do...

Extortion by misbehavior...

They have no intent of starting a war they can't win - and war with the ROK is a war they can't win even without US involvement.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:10:37 AM EDT
[#16]
NK is trying real fuckin hard to goad us into something. i say dont do anything until we get attacked first. i think we should search every ship leaving any NK port. if they attack after that then so be it.

if japan attacks NK i could see china getting involved directly unless maybe NK hit japan first.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:12:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

nk attacks south k.

japan gets hella pissed and rapes the shit out of nk.

nk gets freedom.

win win

Why would Japan do that?  There is the minor issue of their Constitution, and the fact that relations between the Japanese and Koreans are less than stellar.

Also, while intel on life in North Korea is limited, from what we hear, Kim is considered a god there.  A person gets sick or injured, and they are told they won't survive.  However, when they are taken to the hospital and their minor condition is healed, they are told that Kim used his divine power to heal them.  Thus, you've created a fanatic for life.  Also when you tell people that during the last Korean war, US soldier raped, ate, and burned North Korean citizens, you instill a good amount of hatred in your populace.  

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:16:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They have been playing games for over 50 years. The only problem is when is someone going to fuck up.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:22:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Norks are playing the same game they always do...

Extortion by misbehavior...

They have no intent of starting a war they can't win - and war with the ROK is a war they can't win even without US involvement.

Agreed.
The difference now, is that their sabre rattling is so much louder because they have those 2 journalists.
Kim knows BHO is an appeaser, and will bow down and give him a blow job some food and money.

a-bare
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:27:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would say Japan would mop the floor with their ass!!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:36:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Also, while intel on life in North Korea is limited, from what we hear, Kim is considered a god there.  A person gets sick or injured, and they are told they won't survive.  However, when they are taken to the hospital and their minor condition is healed, they are told that Kim used his divine power to heal them.  Thus, you've created a fanatic for life.

Sounds almost like what half the population here thinks of Obama.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:05:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The only thing I'd worry about is the NK artillery aimed at Seoul.

Wouldn't that be target #3 behind the nukes and what remains of a so called air force?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top