Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/17/2009 5:12:29 AM EDT
HUMANITY IS FUCKED, this is why I will save my pet over another. My luck i step in to help a person, i am either sued later or killed for helping ungrateful POS I will help any person I can but, when this country collapses don't count on it.

26-year-old convenience store clerk is shot and killed in broad daylight in Gary, Indiana. Police say witnesses stood by and did nothing. CBS 2's Pamela Jones shows us critical clues that may help crack the case.

Police say one of the men bursting into the clerk's booth at this convenience store is about to commit murder. In the video on the left side of the screen, you can see a man in red run up an aisle and kick in the door to the booth. Within seconds, the clerk, Gurjeet Singh, is shot in the neck.

"It was senseless. And really all homicides are senseless but what we gather from this, there was very little resistance," said Gary Police Department Commander Anthony Titus. "It didn't have to end the way it did."

But Titus says what's even more senseless, is the apparent inaction of bystanders standing near the front door almost the whole time

Police asked that we conceal their identity.

Police say there were several customers walking around the store after the crime. But only one called 9-1-1 for help.

When asked what he finds most disturbing about the surveillance footage, Titus said, "The fact that people went in and out of the store and didn't call police. There is a man laying there. Nobody thinks to dial 9-1-1 or check to see if he's okay or anything."

Police want to talk to people who saw the four men at this mini-mart on 15th and Grant just before 5:20 p.m. Sunday.

Investigators say two were dressed in black shirts, like one man who's apparently holding a gun. The other two, including one man, had red shirts. Police think they were driving a burgundy compact car.

"It's clear enough to the point that if you're familiar with that person, you'd be able to look at it and go, that's someone I know," Titus said.

Investigators hope someone who sees this video will be able to help bring the family of 26-year-old Gurjeet Singh some closure. A man who was doing his job one minute and losing a fight for his life seconds later.

(© MMIX, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/Convenience.Store.Clerk.2.1047612.html
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:14:37 AM EDT
[#1]
" But only one called 9-1-1 for help. "

I dial  1-9-1-1!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:14:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not surprised.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:16:45 AM EDT
[#3]
IATT (In After Title Change)
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:16:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm not surprised.

Unfortunately, I'm not surprised either.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:16:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I would honestly fight to the death for anyone I saw in a similar predicament. I learned a long time ago that my instinct is to run towards people in trouble rather than away from them. These stories trouble me. Apathy is the root of our downfall as a nation.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:19:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
IATT (In After Title Change)

I needed a shorter title.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:25:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Mankind is doomed, let's move over Mars.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:26:50 AM EDT
[#8]
When people who choose to live like sheep, act like sheep, why on earth would you be mad or disgusted?  It's a little Disney to assume people think and act like you would when, with our current political climate, that obviously isn't the case.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:27:48 AM EDT
[#9]
When we had the beheading on Tech's campus earlier this year, people ran like lemmings, and others just hid behind counters as some nut job sawed his friend's head off.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:28:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Things have always been the same, as long as man has been on Earth.  That bitch should have never taken a bite out of that motherfuckin' apple.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:33:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Things have always been the same, as long as man has been on Earth.  That bitch should have never taken a bite out of that motherfuckin' apple.

Or maybe those of us who are willing to accept the responsibility should all be glad that she did?

There's nothing wrong with humanity.  It's messed up in general, but that's what makes good people good.

Anyone who would save an animal before a person is not in the column of "good people."
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:33:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

When we had the beheading on Tech's campus earlier this year, people ran like lemmings, and others just hid behind counters as some nut job sawed his friend's head off.

Sadly, I would have watched for way to long as well.  When it comes to something like that, it's so far out of the norm and even what you expect to and keep in your mind as a crime or a threat, it doesn't register until it's too late.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:33:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

... and that dumb, lazy jackass should have told her that if she didn't put that apple down and step away he was going to [never talk to her again *].

* sorry, what I was thinking was not so nice.

-3D
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:37:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sadly, I would have watched for way to long as well.  When it comes to something like that, it's so far out of the norm and even what you expect to and keep in your mind as a crime or a threat, it doesn't register until it's too late.

I hope you don't carry a gun then.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:37:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Shocking... Wussification of America at it's finest!!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:40:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Gary Indiana is a cesspool.  My grandparents used to live in Glen Park.

Title should read "Gary Indiana is screwed...move to Portage or Hobart"
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:53:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
" But only one called 9-1-1 for help. "

I dial  1-9-1-1!

NICE!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:01:52 AM EDT
[#18]
THAT is the exact reason I make sure everytime I leave the house I have the tools to take care of myself.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:06:23 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't be an ass.  I do indeed.  I am also very realistic about my limitations.

Caring a gun doesn't make you superman.  In that beheading, you would have had to have been psychic to have stopped that before the first cut was made.  The reports say he stared at her calmly in the face while he sawed her head off.  No running around and crying for help.  Just a very fast mad man who got the jump on her while they met.

CCW isn't a magic shield that stops suprise attacks and madmen.  It puts the odds more in your favor.  

The people I think who shouldn't carry guns will always be the ones who think they are bullet proof white knights just because they get a CCW.  They are the ones who will get mine revoked.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:08:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Cultural, not all cultures in America are so depraved.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:11:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Caring a gun doesn't make you superman.  In that beheading, you would have had to have been psychic to have stopped that before the first cut was made.  The reports say he stared at her calmly in the face while he sawed her head off.  No running around and crying for help.  Just a very fast mad man who got the jump on her while they met.

CCW isn't a magic shield that stops suprise attacks and madmen.  It puts the odds more in your favor.  

The people I think who shouldn't carry guns will always be the ones who think they are bullet proof white knights just because they get a CCW.  They are the ones who will get mine revoked.

That my friend, was very well said. We've got alot of "bullet proof white  knights" around here.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:13:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Graphic testimony heard in Virginia Tech beheading case

Associated Press
Posted: 05/29/2009 01:40:14 PM PDT
Updated: 05/29/2009 01:40:16 PM PDT

CHRISTIANSBURG, Va. — A Virginia Tech doctoral student lunged at a fellow student in a campus cafe and began cutting her head off with a knife while staring at her face with a blank, determined expression, a cafe worker testified today.

Corey Cox said he had just returned from a break at his job at Au Bon Pain in Tech's Graduate Life Center on Jan. 21 when he heard growling and screaming. He looked up to see Haiyan Zhu attacking Xin Yang.

"He was already going at her, cutting her head off," Cox testified at a preliminary hearing for Zhu.

Cox said he dove behind the counter and called 911 while customers and his manager ran from the coffee shop. At least twice during the call, Cox said, the dispatcher asked him to look around the abandoned shop so he could give her more information.

Each time he looked up, Cox said, Zhu was on top of Yang, who was on the floor. Zhu stared at Yang's face as he cut through her neck, Cox said.

"It wasn't really an angry face at all," said Cox, at that point the only witness to the gruesome events. "It was just a really blank, determined look."

By the time police arrived, Zhu was holding the woman's head in his hand, an officer testified.

"I saw a body lying and I saw a gentleman walking toward me with a head in his hand," testified Nicole Irvine of the Virginia Tech Police Department.

Irvine said he dropped the head when she ordered him to put his hands in the

If you have enough time to yack on 911, you have enough time to man up and save a ladies life.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:14:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

That my friend, was very well said. We've got alot of "bullet proof white  knights" around here.

Some of us recognize that evil exists amongst us, and some of us understand that it is a duty of humanity to protect those who are unable to protect themselves.

I couldn't lot live through life knowing that I could have stopped an attack.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:15:47 AM EDT
[#24]

"He was already going at her, cutting her head off," Cox testified at a preliminary hearing for Zhu.

You missed the entire point.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:16:10 AM EDT
[#25]
FWIW, the defendant was covered in defensive wounds.  The lady was fighting back, while everyone else either hid or tucked tail.

Disgusting
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:17:28 AM EDT
[#26]
IN CHICAGO??? NO F'N WAY!!!!

Thats why I carry. So I don't have to rely on useless shit walking the streets for my safety.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:18:45 AM EDT
[#27]
BTW, It's bowl, not bowel. But yes, society is cricling the bowel too.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:18:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Do you think that every violent act is going to happen slowly, with lots of time to think about possibilities?  Muggings, assaults, knifings and shootings happen in split seconds and only last in seconds.  If you think you are incapable of reacting quickly to those simuli, you might as well not carry a gun.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:19:22 AM EDT
[#29]
We're trained to act like we do.

Now be a good sheeple, step back, and let the authorities handle this.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:31:37 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you think that every violent act is going to happen slowly, with lots of time to think about possibilities?  Muggings, assaults, knifings and shootings happen in split seconds and only last in seconds.  If you think you are incapable of reacting quickly to those simuli, you might as well not carry a gun.

Third time's the charm.

Why are we having such a disconnect and why do you keep resorting to telling me I shouldn't carry a gun?

I'll go ahead and say you win, you are king dick and can react and shoot the balls off a gnat at 50 paces in under .5 seconds and you could have saved her.

Now, for the rest of us who live in the real world, my statement stands.  When a nutjob you are meeting as a friend and date jumps the table and starts sawing your head off, you are dead.  The ONLY way an normal human could have saved her is if those defensive wounds had been on her back.  That means she was running the hell away and the rest of us human folks had time to take in the situation, draw, take aim, and fire.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:32:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Associated Press

CHRISTIANSBURG, Va. — A Virginia Tech doctoral student lunged at a fellow student in a campus cafe and began cutting her head off with a knife while staring at her face with a blank, determined expression, a cafe worker testified today.

Corey Cox said he had just returned from a break at his job at Au Bon Pain in Tech's Graduate Life Center on Jan. 21 when he heard growling and screaming. He looked up to see Haiyan Zhu attacking Xin Yang.

Cox said he dove behind the counter and called 911 while customers and his manager ran from the coffee shop. At least twice during the call, Cox said, the dispatcher asked him to look around the abandoned shop so he could give her more information.

Each time he looked up, Cox said, Zhu was on top of Yang, who was on the floor. Zhu stared at Yang's face as he cut through her neck, Cox said.

"It wasn't really an angry face at all," said Cox, at that point the only witness to the gruesome events. "It was just a really blank, determined look."

By the time police arrived, Zhu was holding the woman's head in his hand, an officer testified.

"I saw a body lying and I saw a gentleman walking toward me with a head in his hand," testified Nicole Irvine of the Virginia Tech Police Department.

If you have enough time to yack on 911, you have enough time to man up and save a ladies life.

+1 Shit like this just makes me fucking angry.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:33:37 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Thats why I carry. So I don't have to rely on useless shit walking the streets for my safety.

This didn't happen in Chicago, it happened in Gary, Indiana.  Inch for inch, I'd say Gary is far worse than Chicago.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:36:08 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sadly, I would have watched for way to long as well. When it comes to something like that, it's so far out of the norm and even what you expect to and keep in your mind as a crime or a threat, it doesn't register until it's too late.

Don't be an ass. I do indeed. I am also very realistic about my limitations.

Caring a gun doesn't make you superman. In that beheading, you would have had to have been psychic to have stopped that before the first cut was made. The reports say he stared at her calmly in the face while he sawed her head off. No running around and crying for help. Just a very fast mad man who got the jump on her while they met.

CCW isn't a magic shield that stops suprise attacks and madmen. It puts the odds more in your favor.

The people I think who shouldn't carry guns will always be the ones who think they are bullet proof white knights just because they get a CCW. They are the ones who will get mine revoked.

Associated Press

+1 Shit like this just makes me fucking angry.

Why is this the first time I've heard this story?  

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:37:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Why would anybody be surprised about this?  If you keep telling people that only the police have the authority to intervene in a crime, eventually they will believe you, and act accordingly.  We have spent 5 decades developing a society of sheep, and now we are surprised when sheep act like sheep?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:40:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Third time's the charm.

Why are we having such a disconnect and why do you keep resorting to telling me I shouldn't carry a gun?

I'll go ahead and say you win, you are king dick and can react and shoot the balls off a gnat at 50 paces in under .5 seconds and you could have saved her.

Now, for the rest of us who live in the real world, my statement stands.  When a nutjob you are meeting as a friend and date jumps the table and starts sawing your head off, you are dead.  The ONLY way an normal human could have saved her is if those defensive wounds had been on her back.  That means she was running the hell away and the rest of us human folks had time to take in the situation, draw, take aim, and fire.

I think you are missing VT's point. In the few minutes it takes to call 911 and explain the situation the Witness could have pulled a gun and emptyed a mag on the perp. or Attacked the perp with something in an attempt to stop the beheading. But instead he dove for cover and did nothing.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:40:25 AM EDT
[#36]
That wasn't florida.

we would have shot him, checked his pockets for change and asked the cop if we could have his gun and ammo.

Free
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:41:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Was this in the "white and hispanic part" of Gary???

AC
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:42:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Bookmark and Share
Graphic testimony heard in Va. beheading case
http://kstp.com/news/stories/S942543.shtml?cat=1
(AP) CHRISTIANSBURG, Va. - A Virginia Tech doctoral student lunged at a fellow student in a campus cafe and began cutting her head off with a knife while staring at her face with a blank, determined expression, a cafe worker testified Friday.

Corey Cox said he had just returned from a break at his job at Au Bon Pain in Tech’s Graduate Life Center on Jan. 21 when he heard growling and screaming. He looked up to see Haiyan Zhu attacking Xin Yang.

Each time he looked up, Cox said, Zhu was on top of Yang, who was on the floor. Zhu stared at Yang’s face as he cut through her neck, Cox said.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:44:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Third time's the charm.

I think you are missing VT's point. In the few minutes it takes to call 911 and explain the situation the Witness could have pulled a gun and emptyed a mag on the perp. or Attacked the perp with something in an attempt to stop the beheading. But instead he dove for cover and did nothing.

Yup, a lot of good 911 did.  Useless he was.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:51:20 AM EDT
[#40]
If you go through life, with the mentality that you are incapable of defending or reacting to situations which occur at the split of a second, then you will never be able to react to anything.  Training, mentally and physically will over come those obstacles.

You would think that a mentality would have changed following 9/11, and subsequently the Virginia Tech shooting of '07.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:36:38 AM EDT
[#41]

26-year-old convenience store clerk is shot and killed in broad daylight in Gary, Indiana. Police say witnesses stood by and did nothing

No surprise. How many times have you read "mind your own business" here on ARFCOM? Also "Never invite the man into your life", etc.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:40:32 AM EDT
[#42]

"... what we gather from this, there was very little resistance," said Gary Police Department Commander Anthony Titus.

[brady asshole]Just cooperate with their demands and give them what they want and you won't get hurt[/brady asshole]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:41:10 AM EDT
[#43]
circling the BOWEL?

or is that bowl?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:20:19 AM EDT
[#44]
I look forward to when Skynet comes online and will serve it to the best of my ability when that day comes.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:21:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
When people who choose to live like sheep, act like sheep, why on earth would you be mad or disgusted?  It's a little Disney to assume people think and act like you would when, with our current political climate, that obviously isn't the case.

Exactly
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

This didn't happen in Chicago, it happened in Gary, Indiana.  Inch for inch, I'd say Gary is far worse than Chicago.

Gary is worse than Chitcago? worse than southside?, cant buy that,,Gary is a shit hole, East chicago In is a shit hole,,Southside, is where lions, if running wild from the zoo, would go around.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:31:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Gary is worse than Chitcago? worse than southside?, cant buy that,,Gary is a shit hole, East chicago In is a shit hole,,Southside, is where lions, if running wild from the zoo, would go around.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:44:37 AM EDT
[#48]
It's not their job to do anything...

Mike Judge was right and this world gets more and moar like 'Idiocracy' every day.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:49:51 AM EDT
[#49]
i don't think you can expect much more from an urban environment like chicago. i read recently of one school there where 60% of the 8th grade class will not "graduate". these people simply have no foundation for decency or human behavior. move to a small town and you'll find plenty of good, honest people.

eta. yes. i consider gary, indiana to be part of chicago.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:53:39 AM EDT
[#50]
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/30105703/?GT1=43001

If it was my daughter anyone who witnessed but did nothing would be just as dead as the scumbag who did it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top